Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have been facing this throttle problem on my 2006 r6. When ever I open the throttle, the rpm build up is not smooth. The rpm builds up till 6000 rpm normally, then it suddenly stops rising and the engine kinda stalls. No matter even if I fully open the throttle. Then pumping the throttle from idle to max three four times. The rpm again starts to rise, slowly at first and then abruptly according to the throttle position. Please help me. I have no idea what might have gone wrong.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
keep it above 6000rpm... below that, going full throttle is a waste of time. If you are below 6k, don't give it full throttle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ melk man , irrespective of the throttle position the rpm stops to build up at 6000 and ceases the acceleration. Pumping the throttle makes the rpm starts to build up the rpm very gradually.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
Can it be the Throttle position sensor. Or the throttle servo motor.
put the dash in diagnostic mode and check the 4 tps settings. there is a sticky thread on doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.