Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I spoon my R6
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone knows how to fix the throttle on and off feeling in first and second gear? I have good throttle control, but when I'm in first at low speeds under 3000rpm it is extremely sensitive where it is on and off every 1mm of throttle movement. I get huge deceleration when it goes off and then lurches forward when its on.

It is a 2013. have not done the first service, still 320km (200miles) :poke

I checked the chain and it was ok. Do you guys think an ECU flash can fix this? or will it go away after the first oil change?

·
I spoon my R6
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the suggestions! I checked the throttle free play and it is ok. About the PCV I have no idea how to do it and in Kuwait we do not have any motorcycle mechanics just the dealers. Is the PCV plug and play where I just select the map for smoother throttle or does it have to be tuned?

·
Hey...watch this
574 Posts
You can download dozens (hundreds) of maps off the web, and probably find one that suits you and your bike. Or you can buy the optional auto-tune module, but I have not heard if the auto-tune solves the jerky throttle problem or not.

The issue is that the stock tuning shuts the injectors OFF at higher than idle RPM with the throttle closed. When you crack the throttle back open, the injectors turn back on.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
ECU flash definitely helps. But also, 3k rpm is parking lot speed, so when you're putting around that slow just grab the clutch and ease it out as you get back on the gas.

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
ECU flash definitely helps. But also, 3k rpm is parking lot speed, so when you're putting around that slow just grab the clutch and ease it out as you get back on the gas.
How would a flash help? Most flashes change the fly by wire to 100% all the time, thus making it more twitchy. Maybe the reduced engine braking would reduce some of the jarring though.

My 08 is flashed and stupid twitchy while my 14 is bone stock. You can def tell a difference and just something to get used to.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Well... not any old flash. Mine was re-flashed when I got it, and it was very twitchy like you describe. But I got the Bauce Racing flash and I can actually ride slow through the paddock now without having to constantly slip the clutch. It's improved at-speed too.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
autotune. and learn throttle control. or just go with it, and install a 1/5th turn motion pro cam. :D that's fun!

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
Bauce ECU flash does more than wonders. I don't have a pcv, just a flash, and my throttle is butter smooth compared to stock, even in 1st in parking lots.

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
Thanks guys! I will talk to the dealer when my first service is due and see if they can flash it.
Don't recommend having a dealer flash it, if they even do that sort of thing. Talk to Ant (chiefsmokedawg) from bauce racing. He will hook you up, and at an awesome price..

Email him at Bauce Racing's sales email for a quicker response.

·
I spoon my R6
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Don't recommend having a dealer flash it, if they even do that sort of thing. Talk to Ant (chiefsmokedawg) from bauce racing. He will hook you up, and at an awesome price..

Email him at Bauce Racing's sales email for a quicker response.
I live in kuwait, and in kuwait we don't have motorcycle mechanics only motorcycle dealers.

Could I do the flash at home??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts