Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a few questions for you guys as i dont have much experience working on bikes yet. so i took my bike apart to adjust the valves and do some maintainance. i cleaned the carbs while i was in there and i took the tps off to clean it and now the bike is running weird and i am convinced its something with the tps. ive read through my manual and i have the tps adjusted correctly at the 5000rpm mark on the tach but if i attach it to the carbs and turn it nothing happens and same if i attach the tps to the carbs and turn the throttle. the only way i can adjust it is if i stick a screw driver inside and turn it. i feel like the notched rod type thing that the tps attaches to isnt actually making contact. also when the bike is running and i twist the throttle all the way it wont go past 6000rpm and little flames come out of the exhaust. when idling it runs fine but it feels like its lacking a lot of power. ive attached some pictures to help better describe what im talking about and if a piece is missing or something doesnt look right maybe someone could help me out. im really itching to ride cuz its starting to get warmer so the sooner i get this thing running right the better :) btw bike is a 2000 carbureted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my vavles readjusted and also started having problems with tps. Must be one of those things that have to be replaced and/or readjusted together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts