Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 R6 that came w/ vortex clipons, and the guy had modified the throttle in a way that was not very safe, so I picked one up off of e-bay, but am having problems getting it lines up on the bars to fully tighten it down. I have replaced clipons before, so I don't think that I am retarded, but apparently I am.... The stock throttle should easily mount on aftermarket clipons, correct? Help?!

·
2003 R6
78 Posts
I have an 04 R6 that came w/ vortex clipons, and the guy had modified the throttle in a way that was not very safe, so I picked one up off of e-bay, but am having problems getting it lines up on the bars to fully tighten it down. I have replaced clipons before, so I don't think that I am retarded, but apparently I am.... The stock throttle should easily mount on aftermarket clipons, correct? Help?!
show some pics...

·
My R6 is hungry.
93 Posts
you will have to drill the bar to get it to line up properly.....

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
^x2 on drilling the bar. you cant get it to sit right without drilling.

·
My R6 is hungry.
93 Posts
well you need to line up the plastic notch on the Controls with the hole you will be drilling....you need to just look at the pieces and get it in the position that you want it. Sorry I cant be of any more help because when i have done them in the past i just measure the distance from the end the hole is on the stock handle bar, then just measure that same distance on the clip on and drill away....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
well you need to line up the plastic notch on the Controls with the hole you will be drilling....you need to just look at the pieces and get it in the position that you want it. Sorry I cant be of any more help because when i have done them in the past i just measure the distance from the end the hole is on the stock handle bar, then just measure that same distance on the clip on and drill away....
It was amazingly simple to do. Just started w/ a pilot hole and made it bigger until I found the drill bit that worked. Thanks for the help! :drink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts