Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My R6 moves me
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dumb question the the experienced members. Yet I still want to know, my throttle feels sluggish when I go wide open. When I have it on the stands and check it. Twist and release it snaps right back no hesitation what so ever. So why would the throttle feel slow to respond while riding?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have u done any mods?

·
Registered
211 Posts
U may need/want a fuel management system (power commander) to adjust the fuel mixture. A dyno tune by a reputable tuner would get your bike running the best.

What spark plugs did you use? The recommended in the manual?

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
I know this is a dumb question the the experienced members. Yet I still want to know, my throttle feels sluggish when I go wide open. When I have it on the stands and check it. Twist and release it snaps right back no hesitation what so ever. So why would the throttle feel slow to respond while riding?
Are you saying you lose the throttle 'snap' when riding or the engine isn't being responsive?

If it's the former, there are a several good threads out there pointing to checking the grip for any rubbing, lubing the cable, and checking for cable binding.

·
My R6 moves me
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I used the recommended plugs. And I've been thinking about getting a power commander. Lastly I will look in on the cables to make sure they are working right. While riding the pull as I'm opening throttle seems to be slower than my action to tell it so.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
i'm not sure i understand your question.. but it sounds like you are expecting the bike to accelerate (from say 0-100mph) in the same time it takes for the return spring on the throttle bodies to snap the throttle tube back from WFO to closed when the bike is just sitting there not running. Like, 0-100mph in .3 of a second .. am I not reading that right ? (cause that will never, EVER, happen :) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts