Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so. i got my bike last week. throttle was lagging pretty bad (as in when i release the throttle, power continues for like 1-2 seconds and THEN releases)

so i got the throttle cables cleaned

so now the lag is a LOT better almost perfect but i still get a little bit of lag, especially from 1st to 2nd gear.

so i decided to do diag mode cause i suck at anything mechanical and diag mode seemed easy enough.

so according to the manual i should have closed throttle of 15~17 and open throttle of 97~100

mine shows up as closed : 17 and open : 95

so i'm off by 2 on the open throttle, does this have anything to do with my problem of a (occasional) lagging throttle?

thanks!

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
okay so. i got my bike last week. throttle was lagging pretty bad (as in when i release the throttle, power continues for like 1-2 seconds and THEN releases)

so now the lag is a LOT better almost perfect but i still get a little bit of lag, especially from 1st to 2nd gear.

so i decided to do diag mode cause i suck at anything mechanical and diag mode seemed easy enough.

so according to the manual i should have closed throttle of 15~17 and open throttle of 97~100

so i'm off by 2 on the open throttle, does this have anything to do with my problem of a (occasional) lagging throttle?

thanks!
those wont affect much at all, you may want to clean your tps though...might be one of those rare occasions that cleaning it will solve your problem

·
Registered
277 Posts
When you release the throttle does it snap back or is it slow? You might have to adjust your decel.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

so now the lag is a LOT better almost perfect
but i still get a little bit of lag, especially from 1st to 2nd gear.

thanks!
you seeme to have found the answer... Sounds like they got pretty dirty inside the lines, you may need to just lube the shit out of it and work it a lot for a few days or just buy new lines... but it sounds like that was def. the whole problem, probably needs some adjusting too at the clutch perch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts