Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently changed the grips and bar ends back to stock on my 2005 R6. While testing the new grips I noticed when I turn the handlebars all the way to the left the throttle cables touch the back of the headlight cluster. This seems to be the issue but I cannot find a solution to the problem. Made a quick video to help explain. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/topgun108/library/Mobile Uploads

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Actually, it looks like you might have them between the forks. Are you missing the attachment to the brake fluid reservoir?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, it looks like you might have them between the forks. Are you missing the attachment to the brake fluid reservoir?
Thanks for the quick responses! Yes they are routed between the forks and yes I am missing the brake resovoir attatchment. The previous owners reed the bike up so bad and I'm piecing it back together.
Wasn't sure how crucial the brake resovoir attachment was. Will try to find one online to order.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Fairing stay is what hold your Speedo and has the brackets coming off of it that hold you mirrors. Around the nose intake area

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fairing stay is what hold your Speedo and has the brackets coming off of it that hold you mirrors. Around the nose intake area
I'm not at home right now but that makes perfect sense now routing it that way. Can't believe I missed that on the service manual diagram. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it has been a while since I last posted on this thread. Just wanted to conclude it..... It was indeed a cable routing problem. Just routed over the fairing stay and it fixed the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts