Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stories are always better with pictures.

here we are setting up the bike

loaded and ready to go!

had to stop and get some gas...

then spend the night in a motel...

woke up and left right about 6:30am

first in line to get my suspension setup!

ready to get on the track!

and here are some track pictures...

which one of you guys were behind me the entire time?? fess up :D

right at the top of turn 5 that stupid black plastic piece came off and i ran over it. whatever though i got it back...a little broken lol

I was in C group since it was my first day. very first lap out, we are doing about 45 following an instructor, because he is showing everyone the right line. im the third guy behind him. second corner, guy on a blue r6 runs right off the track in front of me lol

it seems like there were alot of crashes too...black r6 crashed, yellow 250...tons of downed bikes. group a got red flag for one.

the instructors had a 'second riders meeting', and were complaining about peoples passing, etc. in C group. they kicked out alot of people for crazy inside passing. they said that it seemed like everyone only signed up for c group because b was sold out.

all in all..good first track day. track and street are completely different. exiting a corner and seeing over 100mph is intense, and passing an instructor feels good :D

i was alot faster than i thought i was going to be. i was running pilot powers, and only got passed three times i believe. once was by an instructor, so it doesnt count haha. and the other was a green zx6r, he passed me in a straight, next corner i passed him on the outside mid turn haha. then a guy comes FLYING down the front straight, comes WAAAAYYY to hot into turn 1, and comes within a foot of me. limited edition r6.. complete dumbass and we have it on video, which will be uploaded later.

and thats all i have to say i think...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cool man. I wish I had a truck to take my bike there. So what's up with the piece that flew off? You have to replace it or can it be put back on without worrying that it will fall off again?

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time.

I had my side tank cover come off at the track as well. I always check them between sessions now and if the front is loose I apply tape to the front of the tank assembly to prevent it from flying off.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool man. I wish I had a truck to take my bike there. So what's up with the piece that flew off? You have to replace it or can it be put back on without worrying that it will fall off again?
i put it back on...but part of its broken since i ran it over haha
not sure if it'll come back off. if it does, it does.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
sounds like a good day.

·
Dibba daba
3,066 Posts
sweet dude, who did you ride with? ZoomZoom? T5 is crazy IMO....but the whole track is fun, check out my videos...I dont rember which one it is, eaither 2 or 3 (maby i put the footage in both) but i went off T9 i think it was going too hot tryin to pass someone and went off the track and hit some lame ass bump in the grass throwin me off at 58. Sears Point is the shit too, that was my first trackday, then i did a total of 4 days at T-Hill and then had to sell the bike.

Oh yea...get that knee out there, itl give you a good refrence point as to how your lean angle is.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm soo jealous.. I need to quit lagging and get my ass to the track. How much did you spend all together at the track?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Yeah, T hill is awesome. I love turn 1.. clipping a good 140 down the straight before dropping a couple gears and throwing it at the bumps... then turn 2, I love that one too. The entry is a little bumpy, but after that its awesome. I still havent gotten 3 quite figured out, but I am getting better. T5 is not so bad, but I dont like T5a, that little bump at the bottom sketches me out a little. I have T9 figured out...look for the water tower. Thunderhill is such a fun track.

Paytheon, I will probably see you up there in Sep. Right now its too damn hot. Tires turn to fricken grease, almost had me toss my new bike coming out of 13 hugging the line...hit that tar snake leaned pretty good in the upper end of 3rd gear...spun the crap out of it...cleaned the tire up though, looked like brand new on that side.

lunchbox, who did you go with? Pacific? Keigwins? Z2?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Looks good!, Once I get some more time on the bike I am going to try a day up there on the bike, its a lot of fun in a car so I can only imagine how fun it is on a bike.

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Looks awesome! The main reason I didnt join nesba is because pocono is 1/2 hour from me and I hear its not worth going. But T-hill looks fun, and I don't think it is too far.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
right on, they are pretty good and they dont take any crap really. Its a different story with Pacific when you get Cory Call passing you on a standup and like a bill-thirty down the front straight as he goes from one side of the track to the other....PSYCHO!!! but fun to watch. Him and Earnest, nutballs.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sweet dude, who did you ride with? ZoomZoom? T5 is crazy IMO....but the whole track is fun, check out my videos...I dont rember which one it is, eaither 2 or 3 (maby i put the footage in both) but i went off T9 i think it was going too hot tryin to pass someone and went off the track and hit some lame ass bump in the grass throwin me off at 58. Sears Point is the shit too, that was my first trackday, then i did a total of 4 days at T-Hill and then had to sell the bike.

Oh yea...get that knee out there, itl give you a good refrence point as to how your lean angle is.
i almost went off at turn 5. and instructer waved me by, and i came into it a little hot.

i actually only dragged my knee a couple of times on accident. first time at the track, and i didnt wanna crash lol. when it touches down, i bring it back up. plus i think its fun to lean the bike waayy more than you need to :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts