Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

What an amazing day at the track! You couldnt ask for a better day. Not to hot, not to cold. Here are some pics!

It was my first trackday and Man did I have a blast! As you will see in the pics, I progressed a lot later in the day. After every session I would go look at the pictures and figure out what I was doing wrong. Please feel free to give some feedback. Unfortunatly the camera man was not around for the last 2 sessions were I feel like I did my best. It's ok though. I will for sure get my knee's down next time. I was about 2 inches away on my last session but I took the turn a little to inside. Enjoy!

Ps: I have some video footage of us getting drunk the night before that I may post. It may ruin someone's reputation though...

Not feeling it yet...

Is... That.... Paytheon behind me???

I didnt like the right hand turns at the track. The track has about 90% left turns

Thats right. Stay back there!

Bout to get passed:(

Just passed Paytheon...

Setting up the right

Oops, wrong line

There we go...

Bad Body positioning

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Matt, you for SURE looked great out there. You and Dan are excellent riders. You have my respect for sure. However, if those drunk vids get on this forum...BAN!

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Since this was your 1st track day, did you ride the B+ or B- group? I just got the trailer all packed up for my day at Thunderhill tomorrow..is there anything you didn't have out there that you wished you would have? Any recommendations?

Look forward to pics.

T1

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since this was your 1st track day, did you ride the B+ or B- group? I just got the trailer all packed up for my day at Thunderhill tomorrow..is there anything you didn't have out there that you wished you would have? Any recommendations?

Look forward to pics.

T1
I rode B-. I brought everything I could think of. Tools... Oil. Tape... Zipties...

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Looks like a good time for sure---wish I could have made it out there..wish you guys could make it out tomorrow...2 questions...

1- I didn't tape up my lights, just took out fuses---acceptable?

2- I've never been out there...would you say it's "family" friendly, thinking about dragging the wife and kid with me---to have my own cheering section!
Great pics from both of you..oh yeah..was the suspension guy out there? DId you use him?
T1

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
^^^ i think u tape the lights to prevent pieces from flying all over the track if u crash...

edit: along with all ur other plastic lenses and such

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like a good time for sure---wish I could have made it out there..wish you guys could make it out tomorrow...2 questions...

1- I didn't tape up my lights, just took out fuses---acceptable?

2- I've never been out there...would you say it's "family" friendly, thinking about dragging the wife and kid with me---to have my own cheering section!
Great pics from both of you..oh yeah..was the suspension guy out there? DId you use him?
T1
1. That is fine. I was just bored so I taped the lights.

2>You will be fine bringing the family. Just get there earyl so you can have the paddock/shade

Suspension Guy was there but I didnt use him. My suspension was already dialed in.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts

2>You will be fine bringing the family. Just get there earyl so you can have the paddock/shade

Suspension Guy was there but I didnt use him. My suspension was already dialed in.
You need to be inline at 6:30 am or have shade for your family. The sun burnt my wife today. I used the suspension guy and highly recommend you use him.

·
Registered
206 Posts
why do people take out their headlights when they go to the track? sorry i know its a noob question, but i gotta learn sometime.

or is that jsut tape on the headlights?

·
Banned
2,722 Posts

I appreciate it..google says i'm about 90 minutes away, so I'll prob be on the road by about 0530--I'm also bringing a 10x10 EZ-UP just in case. I'm afraid to ask who won the R6-Forum battle...and where's dans proof...or his he the new A-RAB! I'm calling him out!

T1

1 - 20 of 279 Posts