Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
i hate the winter
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a KN air filter in a few months ago and yesterday i got home and i heard a tick tick tick noise. So I checked the filter and one of the screws was missing. I think it fell down into the throttle bodies. Well if it did how the hell do i get it out without tearing my engine apart? PLEASE HELP! :confused:

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
I put a KN air filter in a few months ago and yesterday i got home and i heard a tick tick tick noise. So I checked the filter and one of the screws was missing. I think it fell down into the throttle bodies. Well if it did how the hell do i get it out without tearing my engine apart? PLEASE HELP! :confused:
i assume it was a screw to hold the filter in place, and if it fell through the throttle bodies, it could be sitting between a valve and a intake runner, the only thing to do is to tear your bike down past the throttle bodies and if you can't find it there your fuxed.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Pull the throttle bodies off and peek down the intake with a flashlight. If the screw is in there sitting on the top of the valves then you can get it out with a magnet. If the screw somehow got past your valves you would already know it because it would beat the hell out of your piston in no time. It could also get stuck between your valve and your head in which case you will probably burn your valve pretty quickly or it would run really really bad.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Magnetic screw drivers are a must for the tool box!.. good luck :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts