Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R6 Stunna'
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've put 173 miles on my 08 r6 and it started making a ticking noise. So i did all the obvious stuff. Checked for twigs ,checked wheel weights, make sure there wasn't a nail in the tire. So question is what else can cause this? I haven't done any mods to the front end and my friends say it looks like my front tire wobbles but i don't feel it when i'm riding + i don't see it when i look at it. any help or suggestions?

·
R6 Stunna'
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, new to road bikes. Had a KTM 250 growing up but nothing like this before.

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Yea my 09 has "probably" the same tick! Everyone says its normal on these Yamaha's. No problems after 5000km, been making the exact same noise since day one!

·
R6 Stunna'
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ :lmao

you might want to put the front wheel on a bike stand and spin it to see for yourself if it is not straight.

i think that ticking noise would just bug the heck out of me if i can't find what's causing it.

i did wheel turns just fine. Also went out and did another shake down i think it's the speedo. either way it's still under warranty so it's not going to cost me anything to get the issue fixed. That all being said i'm pretty sure the tick noise will never be solved not a big deal as long as my tire stays and i don't wreck from it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Honestly CHUCKeR its normal, when you dont hear it, that means your not in tune with your baby... when that tick stops you better be carefull, unless on the track.... The Yami Tick is like a heart beat

Dont waste your time or time at the stealership, most of them are tards and dont know nuttin about Yami's, your fine

·
DARC Racing
2,338 Posts
yeah Valve tick is normal on any Yami Sportbike. Ive had like6 and they all did it. Soem louder than others.. Buys some full float rotors for the front, then al you will hear are those, and you will forget all about it. HAHA

When you hear loose change sound in the motor.. thats bad.. Small high rate tick = ok.

·
DARC Racing
2,338 Posts
Oh I just thought of this.... If the ticking happens when you are doing nothing.. just at idle..its cool.
If it only happens when you do something, like brake or go over a curb... check your head bearings.. Make sure the top nut and lock washers are to spec... Ive had them work them selves out a bit causing the front to click when I go over bumps or brake.

·
R6 Stunna'
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I just thought of this.... If the ticking happens when you are doing nothing.. just at idle..its cool.
If it only happens when you do something, like brake or go over a curb... check your head bearings.. Make sure the top nut and lock washers are to spec... Ive had them work them selves out a bit causing the front to click when I go over bumps or brake.
i only can hear the tick when i'm moving. when i put it in neutral and let it idle it doesn't nothing, same if i wrap on the throttle a little bit too. But if i move at all the ticking noise starts, even if i get it up to sixty put it in neutral and shut the bike down the ticking still goes on. that's why i think it's either a bearing or something with the speedo.

·
R6 Stunna'
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i checked everything over today and it seems fine. took the front all apart and looked everything over and nothing stuck out. bringing it into the dealership tomorrow and am going to let them sort it out. Got to love warranty claims

1 - 15 of 15 Posts