Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 r6 with around 2,300 miles. Yoshimura rs-3 slip on is the only mod. Just recently, i have noticed this ticking/knocking noise at idle. I can only hear it when im in neutral with the clutch not engaged, but once i pull the clutch in, the sound goes away. I have no idea what it could be, anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance

-Tyler

·
Registered
733 Posts
I thought this knock was normal for our R6's. I was told the R6's have a very noisy tranny.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Yeah I just got this knocking going on too, but more pronounced in neutral (not with the clutch in but when I actually come to a stop and put it in neutral). I was planning to do some investigation tomorrow, but I think I'll start tonight. I'll post if I find the problem .. if it is a "problem" might just be paranoia.

·
Registered
288 Posts
my 07 with 600 miles on it ticks like a freakin time bomb lol

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of riding a Yamaha.

It's called "the yami tick" Everyone's got it. Get used to it. Learn to Love it. It'll never go away.

I've had the tick for about 24,000 miles... It'll never change, and I don't know that I could ever ride a bike again without it.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,056 Posts
Yeah my 08 has a tick that drove me nuts when I first bought the bike, but now I don't notice it as bad.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Dont worry as you ride it more youll hear more motor noise and youll always think its going to die... (Mechanic point of view hahaha) Its normal, no worries....

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,142 Posts
The ticking noise is created by the EXUP Valve if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The ticking noise is created by the EXUP Valve if I'm not mistaken.
Even on the older bikes? What is the exup valve exactly? I hear a lot about it lately....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea thanks for all the responses. Its a relief that it wasnt something else, all my buddies ride cbr's and i have never really heard so i just wanted to ask around and see what people thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.