Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well me and a friend who knows a good amount about bikes put on the headers and straight pipe i got from mjs performance.we were able to get them on and everything but when it starts up,we hear a ticking noise.i was thinking that it may have been one of the rings that go in between the headers and the actual port because they made the job alot longer trying to get them to stay in place when putting them in.but if anyone could help me out on this it would be much appreciated.someone else said i need the pc III but i didn't think i'd need one.but please just lemme know if ya'll know anyhing about it.

thanks,
Will

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
if you have a exhaust gasket in a bind you can start the bike (cold...of course) and stick your hand all around the exhast ports on the engine. You'll be able to feel a leak. There will more than likely be one if you have done this. I can put the headers on myself by using a little dab of grease as adhesive.

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
if you have a exhaust gasket in a bind you can start the bike (cold...of course) and stick your hand all around the exhast ports on the engine. You'll be able to feel a leak. There will more than likely be one if you have done this. I can put the headers on myself by using a little dab of grease as adhesive.
i do the same but i just use engine oil... works fine.

but hey man if u cant feel a leak that doesnt mean there isnt one... so take a water bottle and poke a small hole in the lid and spay where the headers meet the port and if u see bubbles then u know u do... but i still dont know why u would have ticking from that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts