Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was checking out my bike before i was leaving yesterday, and my chain is SUPER loose. I wanted to know how hard is it to tighten the chain. And how tight is too tight. I dont wanna mis-align the back wheel. To give you a idea of how loose it is, i can move the top of the chain and touch the swingarm with it, and when i move the bottom, i can touch the lower fairing. Any feedback is appreciated. Thx

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
ya you have way to much slack in the chain. the best way to keep your tire in line is to do the same amount of turns on each side. as for slack i tighten it up enough to where there is only 1 to 1 1/4 inches of movement in the chain. also when you are done, you can look down the chain through the chain guard and see if it is runnin straight with the sprockets. ofcourse this is alot easier with a stand. any more questions just ask :cheers

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imma try tomorrow. Thanks for the input. I have a stand so it should be no problem. My main concern was alignment issues. Ill let you know if i have any probs. thanx again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.