Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I guess i'll start a thread of my progress on my bike over the winter. All these pics are of my day 1 progress. Pretty much got everything stripped right down to the frame. All the plastics and the tank are getting dropped off at the bodyshop monday morn, and everything is going gloss black. I plan on cleaning up the wheels and getting rid of that red stripe on the outer lip also. I bought a new hotbodies db black screen and it looks killer. You wont see any good pics of it mounted until I get my plastics back from paint. I also bought a set of vortex 520 -1/+2 sprockets and an RK gold chain, Graves exup elim, venom racing midpipe, motodynamic smoked integrated taillight, and hotbodies smoked flushmounts. There are still quite a few parts I am waiting to get in still such as a bazzaz zfi, k&n air filter, GYT-R carbon slip on, Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires, and speedodrd in the spring. I had already powdercoated the rearsets and gas cap earlier this year. Here's a few shitty iphone pics I have of my first days progress.

That's all I have for now. Stay tuned for more pics when the plastics are finished paint and more parts come in the mail. Should have new pics up by end of the week.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. You might want to add a pc3 or V to your list of goodies.
I already bought a Bazzaz ZFi, should be here in a few weeks. I plan on getting the ZAFM autotuner for it and installed before spring.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
If I ever did that much strip down, a nice 65+ day would come along and I'd be heartbroken

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
If I ever did that much strip down, a nice 65+ day would come along and I'd be heartbroken
:fact

Just the motivation one needs to finish up quickly!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking very good! What brand of mid-pipe is that?
I got the midpipe on ebay from performancecyclepartz but he doesnt have any up for sale right now in his store. I'm considering buying a full system now that I see how easy exhaust is to change on an R6.

Haha it's pretty easy for me to tear it all down since there is a few feet of snow on the ground. Gotta love canadian winters... :sing

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Pretty cool bro, I'm almost jealous that we don't have winters here. I ride everyday so I don't really have an excuse to tear my bike down like that or I would rip it apart and down a very deep cleaning on everything.

·
Registered
48 Posts
wow! winters to do all this and free healthcare!?!? America is losing some brownie points... Winters in Maryland are just cold enough to screw me that if i did this i'd have a decent day to ride.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts