Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Done Been Pimpn
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay… So, I moved to Austin, TX going on 1 yr in July… Anyways, decided to go to the local bike meet-up held a sports bar for the first time. This meet-up is supposed to kick off around 8pm so not expecting anything I got there around 9ish. Okay, so I get there and there has to be around 40 or more bikes, not bad I think. I go inside get me a drink then head back outside to the parking lot were everyone is gathered. Most of the people there were riding stretched out Busa’s with fancy paint jobs and wearing the well-known Ruff rider patch. I also noticed that most of them are not willing to look beyond the fact that there are other bikes besides Busa’s. Just a wasted night IMO and do not believe I will ever show up there again unless I have a couple people to ride in there with.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
wOOt welcome to tx hahaha
i showed up at a spot one time all they could talk about is how awesome my bike would be with some inches(stretched) i was like okay gotta go tired of sitting in parking lot wasting riding time

hit me up sometime man i love coming down to austin to ride lime creek rd is a blast

my wife is gone on monday for a week time to party

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
There are two things I hate:

1.) Motorcyclists (whether it be Harley guys or 'busa guys) that think they are better than anyone else. Last time I checked, two wheels is two wheels. The beauty of riding is this bond that we all have together... its not about I'm better than you cause I have a more expensive bike or whatever their "too-good-for-you reason is"

2.) Stretched motorcycles. They arent manufactured to look good that way. As soon as you kick out the rear wheel the whole geometry of the bike changes and it looks gaaaaaaaaaaay not to mention its handling is SHOT.

Just my rant about a rant. Thanks for the post Double_G

·
Done Been Pimpn
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, the fact that they are Ruff Riders does not mean anything to me, I could care less. The thing is that just because they are in that group, it seems they are better than everyone and that really urks me! :cuss

·
Registered
167 Posts
One thing everyone needs to gauge an MC or any Meets:

If they talk more than they ride, find a new one. If they ride more than they talk AND the conversation is interesting, people are cool, it's one awesome experience after another.

·
Done Been Pimpn
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh... bike nights...

In my experience, the ratio of "real" riders to "faux" riders at bike nights is around 1:6.
Yeah, I am beginning to realize this more and more... :YEA

·
Registered
119 Posts
I accidently meet a bike group where I live in OZ and all they do is ride. We meet somewhere, wait till everyone arrives and then ride! We only stop at intersections to make sure everyones still alive, get to our loc. eat or drink and head off again.

We have Monday nights for talking S**t, rest is for riding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts