Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are thousands of threads on helmets (I've read a lot of them), and I need to buy a new one. I have a Scorpion Exo-700 that fits perfectly and I really like it (over a year old), but I have been thinking about getting a Shoei RF-1000.

Question is: I want to try on a few Shark Helmets cause I've heard they are good, but I cannot navigate the shark website to find a dealer in Kentucky. I won't order a helmet without trying one on. So I am going to drive to Louisville to try on some. Are they worth it? Or should I stick with Shoei and forget the hassle of making the commute? What is the best helmet out there for price/weight/noise-reduction?

Thanks for any input!

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
i am in love w/my new Shark helmet man.
the 3 lightest helmets on the market are all Sharks, mine is the 2nd lightest.
its not the quietest inside, but any well vented helmet wont be that quiet.

my .02, worth the drive...

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
DEFINATELY do not buy a helmet without trying them on...at least before you buy online.

I have had a Shoei for a couple years now, and after getting it fitted right, it was the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. I would try friends helmets on, and it felt like sandbags inside against my face.

Then I finally nutted up and bought an Arai Corsair RX7...and hly shyt......the MOST comfortable helmet ever. It is plush!!!

I have never tried on the Shark, but I have owned the Shoei...and it is an awesome helmet

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I know there are thousands of threads on helmets (I've read a lot of them), and I need to buy a new one. I have a Scorpion Exo-700 that fits perfectly and I really like it (over a year old), but I have been thinking about getting a Shoei RF-1000.

Question is: I want to try on a few Shark Helmets cause I've heard they are good, but I cannot navigate the shark website to find a dealer in Kentucky. I won't order a helmet without trying one on. So I am going to drive to Louisville to try on some. Are they worth it? Or should I stick with Shoei and forget the hassle of making the commute? What is the best helmet out there for price/weight/noise-reduction?

Thanks for any input!
What size are you? I might be selling my brand new RF 1000

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
I like my new Suomy, So light and graphics are awesome.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These helmet reviews might help you decide. I'm probably gonna get an Icon Domain 2 Mechanica helmet. Anyone ever own a Domain 2? I tried one on and really liked the comfort.

Thanks for the link. These reviews are really indepth and great-an excellent find. I promise to pass the link on to fellow Helmet Researchers. Consider props given:toocool:

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
I too have the Scorpion EXO700 and I love it. I especially like the replaceable liners with different patterns. I'd stick with the 700 or the 1000. I've got my eye on that or the HJC AC-12 Carbon Fiber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts