Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Times down (with any bodily damages/injuries)

• Once

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Twice

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Thrice

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Four times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five times

Votes: 1 3.6%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
Not including the times I've just literally dropped my bike (lol)

Once.

My first year riding, a car came out, hidden from stopped traffic, and I T-boned it. Totalled my R6. But I was OK...

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
I JUST DROPPED MY BIKE.

Was coming home from the grocery store, right out of the parking lot Im goin 10-15 mph around a round-about (god damn england) and totally forget the whole concept of cold tires. I accelerate ever so slightly and she slides right out from underneath me. My right slider SAVED the hell out of my bike very very minimal damage at all. My knee is a tiny bit scrapped up as well as my back but learned a valuable lesson about cold tires today. If you dont have sliders its an amazing investment get them NOW!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
twice. Once my fault...too hot into a corner, went high, panicked, hit brake, sat up and went straight off road. Rookie mistake. Went down in some grass, no damage.

Second time, some old bitch was in a turn lane in front of me, and slammed on her brakes for no oncoming traffic...I slid into the back of her. When I asked why she stopped she said to wait for a turn arrow....the light was green.

·
YUT UGHHHH
464 Posts
Dropped it once around ~10 mph due to another rider turning quickly in front of me. Couldn't grab the clutch quick enough :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
low sided 2 times. both times i had commuting tire pressure and after my second crash i finally realized the importance of warm tires and tire pressure...duh!

·
Custom User Title
696 Posts
I've lost count of my crashes. I'm coming up with 9 off of the top of my head, but I'm probably forgetting some. As for how many were my fault, I suppose that's debatable.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
down twice, hit once but didn't go down, so I guess three times.

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
down once at the track, dude high sided in front of me went off track and caught a rut, broken collar bone and a trashed bike was the outcome.

·
Registered
206 Posts
down once around 25 mph low sided completely my stupid mistake for braking with 4 fingers and not 2 like you are supposed to... leather glove gripped throttle and me opening my fingers managed to pull it down and accel... bike jumped up, i got nervous, realized i dunno what to do, felt my self starting to fall... closed my eyes out of panic and when i opened them again... it was all done... quick and simple lol head hit the curb etc etc got nothin but some burn on my legs from the jeans... flame away haha it was my 2nd week riding... learned the hard way to stay calm

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Down once...just wasnt my fault. I swerved to miss an expedition that turned in front of me and missed it by about 8 inches. Went down in the grass...

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Just once. I hit a patch of ice while I was on the front brake and then slid into the intersection. I must have been going at least 5, maybe even 10 mph. Rashed up the fairing on my Bandit (first bike).

·
Registered
99 Posts
2 times.
First was on a dirt bike, but I'm counting it cause it had 2 wheels and did cause serious injury. I was ramping up a hill and collided with anouther bike ripped of my middle finger. I was 14 and it was hanging by a piece of skin. I said I'm ok, but I think its time to go home. Shock does wonders for pain. The surgeons were able to put it back on, but the joint got infected and collapsed. It took me a year to be able to play the guitar again. #2 was on my dads' 1975 Honda 550. That thing was a tank. I was barely 5 feet tall and had to stand on a chair to get on it. Stopping was a very delicate process also. I was riding in the back yard doing about 40 mph and goosed it. It low sided and when the exhaust grabbed the ground the bike stopped and my face slammed into the instrument cluster, laying my nose sideways. The funny thing was, I was still wearing the cast from ripping off my finger earlier that year. 15 years later still riding strong.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Gone down a bunch of times - maybe 5 or 6 times, but about 1 month ago was the first time I'd actually touched the ground with anything other than my feet when going down. Usually I get lucky enough to bail when my situation is unsalvageable, but that time a month ago just happened so quickly and the road was super dark, so I went down with my R6, only got a little scratch on my knee (must have been only 20-25 mph, maybe 30 at the most).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts