Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered before, and I'm not sure how this mod is received, so sorry if it's a "ricer" modification.

I got a roll of red vinyl tape to put around the edges of the rim...just wondering if there are any tips/tricks to get this to look as good as possible?

Want it to look like this (pic is of 07ruby87's bike):

·
Registered
387 Posts
just take your time. its a pain in the ass. but i covered my red stripe up with black tape so i didnt have to be as careful. its a pretty long process for all four stripes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's supposed to rain the rest of the week...maybe I'll just do the front wheel today and the rear wheel tomorrow.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
theres a kit on ebay that has a jig and all to put the stripe on. the roll of red tape with the jig, and all shipped was like $15 and took me like 10 mins to stripe the wheels on my brothers f4i. idk if you want to buy another roll of tape though... just a suggestion

·
Registered
167 Posts
theres a kit on ebay that has a jig and all to put the stripe on. the roll of red tape with the jig, and all shipped was like $15 and took me like 10 mins to stripe the wheels on my brothers f4i. idk if you want to buy another roll of tape though... just a suggestion
Got a pic of this tape job?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts