Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Gettn' it!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:laugh

Ok tell me your plan for your build and if you want I'll give you advise on what order your money would be most productively spent in.

From your pic the bike looks more than capable already, rearsets, 520 conversion, etc....

I'm only messin. I am def getting tire Warmers before she hits the track. I am waiting for my ecu to get back from Anthony. In the mean time I'm in the process of fitting/painting my body work, and waiting for bazzaz and annitori quick shifter. Just running into several small problems.

Love you all

·
Registered
76 Posts
I run a -1/+2 at some tracks with the stock length chain (i think) and a GPA 190/55. Discovered this past weekend that doesn't work with the 190/60...

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
She means the nut, that locks it down is loose. It's about to fall off the end of that adjuster. You use an allen 4 I believe to get the axle adjusters in place and take slack out of the chain, then an 8 or 10 wrench to tighten down that nut against the back of the swingarm. It keeps it from shortening up while riding...

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
oops nevermind. Been looking at my gixxer too long. Move along, nothing to see here :lmao

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
She means the nut, that locks it down is loose. It's about to fall off the end of that adjuster. You use an allen 4 I believe to get the axle adjusters in place and take slack out of the chain, then an 8 or 10 wrench to tighten down that nut against the back of the swingarm. It keeps it from shortening up while riding...
But, yes this too.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
12mm;)

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
So it won't be unstable with that short of a wheelbase?
depends on lots of things. Ya can't just assume it will be unstable all the way forward. If that was a 100% certainty, the swingarm would be longer and you would not have the ability to put the axle that far forward. I have had setups that it was not ultra stable forward. We adjusted the gearing to keep the same RATIO but with the axle back it was better. then at the same track a couple seasons later, newer version of the tire and different spring rates, valve stacks, etc.. it was just fine way forward... it all depends.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts