Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02, and the stock tire is a D207N. It is time to get a new one, and all I can find online on Dunlops is the 208. Whats the difference detween 207 ans 208? Would a 208 work, or I need to find a 207 model???
:cuss

·
Registered
283 Posts
the 208's are better tires,...

there a newer version of the 207's,...

if u are going for new tire's and are replacing both , then try the new michilen's pilot power's there suposed to be rely good!!!!!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Why does everyone on this board seem to hate Dunlops so much? I've only ever had to grip problems in ~4300 miles. One was a dusty corner and the front walked around a little. The second was pushing the tire a little hard while not completely up to temp, same thing front slid around underneath me.

But I also still have a 60 front tire, so who knows how much that has todo with it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
When i first got my bike with 208's on it, i loved the tires. Then i rode my diablos and found how much the 208's sucked!

I'm done with Dunlop, their 207's sucked balls, their 208's are alot better, but nothing compared to diablo's, or pilot's.

yeah, you'd also love going to a 70 front!! awesome mod

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Yeah I'd love to get the new Pilot Powers with a 70 front, but I am a little nervous about screwing with trying to shim the shock right and I'm afraid what a shop would want to do it.

What didn't you like about the 208's? Don't get up to temp fast or stay there long enough? Wear rate?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts