Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some issues with my tire pressure that I never had with tires on my other bikes. I'm not sure if it has to do with the crazy weather here in the Bay Area lately - temp fluctuations from 111°f (day) down to 57°f (night). While those are extreme situations, I'm wondering if that in conjunction with the weird high/low pressure systems that have been moving through would cause me to lose anywhere from 3-5psi on a weekly basis in both tires. It's more noticeable on the front end because it gets all squirrely when it gets below 35psi. I like to ride with firmer tires (38f40r). Is the frequency I'm having to refill my tires something I should be worried about? Possible leak or natural pressure loss due to temps/breaking/general use? Bike is brand new (2.2k miles) and no visible issues with either tire. Thanks in advance for the recs!

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
878 Posts
Could be a road puncture. I check my pressure every.few weeks and it is usually within 1 or 2 psi if not still holding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
First thing to make sure is that you're messing with your tires under the same circumstances. You would absolutely see a 3-5 psi change if you're filling them in the middle of the day (assuming your bike is stored outside) and checking them at night. It doesn't sound like that's the case for you so I'd recommend calling the place you bought it from and see about getting the issue checked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts