Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My R6 ate me
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a nice set of take offs and the rear tire had a 1/4 inch or so tear or the lip of the tire i ran them and didnt have a problem now the tire is flat. Air it up and over night its flat again. Air it up and spray some soapy water around the lip and it is leaking from there is this cause for concern?? Will the higher temps on the track help seal the gap or force more air out of the gap? Are the ok or should i get a new rear tire?

·
My R6 ate me
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
,the tear is on the wall that seals inside of the wheel itself on the side of the tire if your looking at the side of the tire its on the little lip under all of the writing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll bore everyone a little with the technical reason to not use the tire.

1) The bead is the sealing surface to the rim.

2) The majority of forces that the tire endures are transferred to the wheel through the bead. The bead is under a lot of stress. A tear in this area can easily grow and cause an ugly failure with the tire separating from the rim.

3) The fact that the tire held air, but is not any longer indicates the tear is growing.

·
My R6 ate me
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i now have a dunlop d211 gpa front for sale 100 shipped pm i can send pics to email or phone. My dad works with The guy i got them from. He gets all of his tires from the same guy and has run 6 sprints and an endurance race on a set of take offs i ran 1 novice track day so the tire has plenty of life.

·
Why is this broken?
167 Posts
i now have a dunlop d211 gpa front for sale 100 shipped pm i can send pics to email or phone.
This is the best end of thread I have ever seen. I still cant stop laughing no hard feelings Mud. it really sucks your new takeoffs went to crap already, but the way you ended the thread rocked :bowroll

GLWS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts