Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 R6 and need to know if a 120/70 front tire will fit? I currently have a 120/60 on it. If it does fit will it change how it handels?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Most people change to a 70 in the front. I have one on my 04 and it handles like a dream. Its strange at first because you can def notice it. But once you get used to it it slolems like a dream... Some R6's will have a rubbing sound for a little bit because the front fender is so close it hits but the 04 is fine. Atleast mine was.... Either way it goes away....

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
If I remember, I'll let you know later today. I finally got my front wheel back from getting it straightened, so I put a 70 on there yesterday but didn't have time to get the wheel back on the bike before going to work... I put a Pirelli Diablo on. Some tires are slightly taller even though they are listed as the same size, so your experience could vary somewhat.

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
If I remember, I'll let you know later today. I finally got my front wheel back from getting it straightened, so I put a 70 on there yesterday but didn't have time to get the wheel back on the bike before going to work... I put a Pirelli Diablo on. Some tires are slightly taller even though they are listed as the same size, so your experience could vary somewhat.
Thanks.:YEA

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
So far no rubbing on the front fender on my 08 R6S. The handling doesn't feel very different either yet. It's been about a month since I've ridden, but the 70 feels just fine to me so far. I haven't really had a chance to lean it over very far yet though. That will have to wait until tomorrow...

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
I run the Pilot Power 120/65/17 on the front. I def noticed a difference in handling from the 60 series. It doesn't rub either. I wanted a 70 series, but then read about having to adjust stuff so I went with the 65 instead.
Will be switching to Metzeler M3's soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts