Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride my r6 ‘06 in Norway on the west coast. This means it is always cold and always raining. We also do have quite a bit of gravel on the roads as well. Not the most ideal place to ride an r6, but what wouldn’t you do for your dream bike?

So what type/brand/size tires should i use in rainy and cold conditions? Any tips appreciated, I am not good at this tire thing hehe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get a set of Sport Touring tires, like the Pirelli Angel GTs or the Michelin Pilot Road 4/5s.

Personally on my second set of Angel GTs, you can get a lot of mileage out of them, they're great in wet conditions, and feel more than capable on a twisty road. I've never had Pilot Road 4/5s but people who do have them really love them, hope that helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get a set of Sport Touring tires, like the Pirelli Angel GTs or the Michelin Pilot Road 4/5s.

Personally on my second set of Angel GTs, you can get a lot of mileage out of them, they're great in wet conditions, and feel more than capable on a twisty road. I've never had Pilot Road 4/5s but people who do have them really love them, hope that helps.
Great advice man. I'm pretty sure when i'm done with these factory tires i'll go for the Pilot Road.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pilot Road just came out with a new tread type the PR5 looks better on paper. I'm excited to see how it does in the real world.

·
Wanna Ride
4 Posts
I ride my r6 ‘06 in Norway on the west coast. This means it is always cold and always raining. We also do have quite a bit of gravel on the roads as well. Not the most ideal place to ride an r6, but what wouldn’t you do for your dream bike?

So what type/brand/size tires should i use in rainy and cold conditions? Any tips appreciated, I am not good at this tire thing hehe.
Look into Metzeler m7rr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts