Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I live in Iowa so I was one of the many that had to store their bike during the winter. Anyway, about 2-3 months into the storage I noticed my front tire was really low. So when I checked it with a guage there was only about 10-12 psi in there. It had not moved while it was in storage and I dont think I ran anything over when I put it in there in the first place so it took about the 2 month period to lose the psi. Well I pumped it up to 33 and road it home from where it was stored (about 40 min) and now 4 days later im at about 28 psi...What do you think it could be? After I get out of work and school today im going to take it over and pump it back up to 33 and spray the tire with some dishsoap and water to see if I can find a leak. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Owen,

Typically, changes in the temperature and barometric pressure will cause your tires to loose pressure. It's no big deal really; I would fill them and just keep an eye on them. I'm willing to bet you're fine!

I really like the signature pic you have, did you do it yourself?

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm hopin thats all it is. Thats the first thing I thought of as well so hopefully its nothin. I'll keep an eye on it for the next week or so.

Hey thanks man, yeah I did it myself...It didnt come put perfect, but not horrible!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts