Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
LHRB
20 Posts
@Pard - Depending on how the road was constructed and the amount of travel it sees, the road might be covered with a lot of super tiny rocks. Don't think that's the case here, but sometimes there are hidden dips in the road; occurring at or near the apex of a corner. Fortunately it looks like you still had a lot of reserve. As long as one doesn't overreact, under those conditions traction should recover and the suspension will settle out.
I had a pro level rider look at my video of the front losing grip and he put some of the blame on the tires, but mostly on my lousy riding as evidenced by my accelerating while adding lean angle.

Ideally, only accelerate when starting to remove lean angle, or at least at stable steady lean, otherwise the front contact patch is compromised by the weight shifting aft under acceleration, and traction can be lost.

Makes sense.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Might be able to go in full tilt on a track, but not on the street. On the streets you don't have the equivalent of several lanes space to correct. At least initially, I think all of us go in slower than we need to then add accelerator in an attempt to find out the limits of what the road (and tire) will take.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts