Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an R6 about 3 months ago with 50% tread left and now there none. what are good tires for crusing. i dont race drag or stunt. maybe a power wheely once and a while but thats it. i just cruse 100mi a trip every other day like. i dont want to pay a crap load but might if there great loooong lasting tires.

thanks for any help

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Strada's. Look 'em up online for excellent reviews. Bought some off of kneedraggers.com for under $300 for the set. Long lasting, sport touring tires. I have about 1/4inch strips on the sides and they are very grippy once warmed up. I've read reviews that say there good for 10,000...but thats probably on something besides a supersport. I expect to get between 6,500 and 7,000 out of them compared to 4,000 out of the stock qualifers I replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like what i have been reading about these tires. there really nice looking and ebay has them cheap.
thanks

·
burrr
158 Posts
michelin pilot road 2's. awesome tires, they have great grip and last forever. I have used these and diablo stradas and I def. like the michelins better.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
pilot road 2's or metz Z6's both last forever and work fine in the twisties.

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
michelin pilot road 2's. awesome tires, they have great grip and last forever. I have used these and diablo stradas and I def. like the michelins better.
Same here. Great for the twisties cause they have softer compound rubber on the outside and harder compound in the middle.

Excellent grip in the dry and particularly in the wet. I'm still yet to feel any loss of grip when riding the rain (a lot lately).

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts