Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have made so many threads, I can't keep up. What gaskets did you replace?
lol yeah.. just happy all my work is finally coming to an end..

I was leaking oil from my stator cover so I decided to open her up..

Found out that there was absolutely no gasket there.. So I installed the oem gasket and it works great.. no more leaks.

Last night I did find a little oil on my drain bolt..

I saw that there was a washer on my bolt thinking it was the crush washer but it looks liek previous owner just put a random washer in there that isnt sealing.

So tomorrow Ill get he oem crush washer and take out that bolt really fast switch out the washers and pop it in w/o loosing too much oil I hope! :nono

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
lol yeah.. just happy all my work is finally coming to an end..

I was leaking oil from my stator cover so I decided to open her up..

Found out that there was absolutely no gasket there.. So I installed the oem gasket and it works great.. no more leaks.

Last night I did find a little oil on my drain bolt..

I saw that there was a washer on my bolt thinking it was the crush washer but it looks liek previous owner just put a random washer in there that isnt sealing.

So tomorrow Ill get he oem crush washer and take out that bolt really fast switch out the washers and pop it in w/o loosing too much oil I hope! :nono
Let us know how that goes.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:laugh

Also, there shouldn't be much of a mess either:lmao
funny guys.. lol

honestly when I unscrewed it to drain it I was surprised no oil was squirting out on the side when reaching the end.. I just kept light pressure on the bolt and when it was all the way out I just pulled fast and it was a nice clean even flow right into the oil pan.

My strategy for replacing the crush washer will be to keep the oil lid on and remove the bolt half way and then already get the fake washer out from the bolt so its a faster swap.. might even use my finger to plug the hole while I stwitch out the washers with my other hand :lmao

I still have half a liter left of the Mobil 1 4T oil.. so If I can beat loosing half a liter I have won the race! :) :cheers

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out the oil I saw around the drain bolt was from me spilling some as I filled my bike with oil.. :nono

I did go by the yamaha dealer and picked up a new crush washer for the next time and also a new oem yamaha filter..

I also put all the plastics back on and now shes 100% good to go!

She drives 100000x better than before.. (only complaint I have now is the leaning stand.. I wish it stood more upright) :thumbdown

.. might have to get a new stand once I see a good deal on one.

happy riding to all! :toocool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts