Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to the ones who promote safe riding and are responsible.

To those of you who think your cool with your 'trendy Mohawks' doing wheelies down the freeway, taunting cars and showing off in the parking-lots. You've ruined it for the rest.

I'm a local rider in HB and Ive seen it time and time again. At bike night for example, guys start doing wheelies, hitting rev limited (like that's cool) not. The cops roll up and tell every one to disperse and its 'Oh **** the cops this, **** the cops that'.

You guys on the freeways doing wheelies, cutting motorists off...you've ruined it for the 'keep the rubber side down' guys who just enjoy 'the ride'.

Bike nights around southern California, Hollywood, Studio City, Backwoods, Long beach...no fun to see you guys ruin it for the rest.

Any one else feel this way?

Maybe I am wrong...

Attachments

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
I feel the same way. The shit your describing down there doesn't happen up here, at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm definitely no stunter, but I don't see what's wrong with doing this in an empty parking lot. I don't agree with stunters because that's not what the bikes were built for, but to each his own. Now on the street, different story. Same goes for cars racing. If you ask me, everything was fine until that damn movie, The fast and the Furious. Now every high school kid thinks his donated Honda is fast and he can race everybody, in any condition, anywhere. Probably had their license for less than a year. For bikes it's even riskier. And if you use the old, "Well the only person I'm killing is myself" you're an idiot. Search youtube and other sites, there are plenty of T-bone accidents with whole bikes INSIDE the car they just hit. Anyway, I'm done.:sing

·
I miss the 600cc fun.
212 Posts
Im in it on the the same feeling also.... I always seem to getaway from them squiggly groups.... they dont amuse me like pyro's but they damn sure are hard headed.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
I'm definitely no stunter, but I don't see what's wrong with doing this in an empty parking lot. I don't agree with stunters because that's not what the bikes were built for, but to each his own. Now on the street, different story. Same goes for cars racing. If you ask me, everything was fine until that damn movie, The fast and the Furious. Now every high school kid thinks his donated Honda is fast and he can race everybody, in any condition, anywhere. Probably had their license for less than a year. For bikes it's even riskier. And if you use the old, "Well the only person I'm killing is myself" you're an idiot. Search youtube and other sites, there are plenty of T-bone accidents with whole bikes INSIDE the car they just hit. Anyway, I'm done.:sing

Your in luck.....There filming a new Fast and furious 4 in L.A right now as we speak, i know a few ppl who subarus are gunna be in the background...The ricer crap is gunna get even more popular :curse

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, i'm going to CHP Accademy end of summer. I'm going to be putting the smack down on these idiots. Ive done my share of high speed on the freeway, but mostly at the track.

Knew I wasnt the only one that felt this way.

And stunting...in an empty parking lot...its still illegal. Reason being, in the Penal code if the cops see you doing something 'dangerous' even just to your self. You better have a permit to be there...or its like being on the street.

SO...yeah. What ev! lol . going to bike night in HB wed night. Usually cool there.

·
morphing is cool
523 Posts
feel the same way. but its not too bad down here in Az. plus my buddies that i ride with know not to be idiots

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Well, i'm going to CHP Accademy end of summer. I'm going to be putting the smack down on these idiots. Ive done my share of high speed on the freeway, but mostly at the track.

Knew I wasnt the only one that felt this way.

And stunting...in an empty parking lot...its still illegal. Reason being, in the Penal code if the cops see you doing something 'dangerous' even just to your self. You better have a permit to be there...or its like being on the street.

SO...yeah. What ev! lol . going to bike night in HB wed night. Usually cool there.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64133

Not to be a tattle tale, but you wouldnt like these guys ^^ i completely agree with you and how the dumb stunter stuff kills it for us by doing wheelies and causing havoc durring mid day traffic

I watched all there myspace vids and they are the type of people who make us look bad and have the cops watching for us. Riding in huge groups taking up the entire street/freeway while doing wheelies in the middle of the day with lots of cars around, wearing no gear...bunch of stupid crap thats gunna make the cops always be on the look out for us, and start assuming that all of us do that kinda stuff.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, new guys are going to go to Back woods, Lake forest...and think "Awesome, I'm going to try that on the way home" and SPLAT or get rolled by the cops and get there shit taken.

And EVERY ONE KNOWS...you ride next to a cop, they are looking at your ass. Worse places then others. HUNTINGTON BEACH lol.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Well, new guys are going to go to Back woods, Lake forest...and think "Awesome, I'm going to try that on the way home" and SPLAT or get rolled by the cops and get there shit taken.

And EVERY ONE KNOWS...you ride next to a cop, they are looking at your ass. Worse places then others. HUNTINGTON BEACH lol.
I ride PCH in Huntington multiple times a week with my friend because PCH is always just a nice ride in general and its nice to get outa the house

But everytime, i mean EVERYTIME i hit the Huntington border I come up on at least 2-3 dudes wearing t-shirts and shorts with there GF on the back with tiny ass shorts and tanktop also. Yesterday i saw 2 dudes on 1 street bike (kinda gay looking :****) both wearing shorts and tank tops holding on to eachother haha

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What those guys don't think about is, His girl friend is going to go though many skin graphs. PAINTFULL!!! The two dudes....well to each there own lol.

Squids (ppl who dont wear gear) are stupid, ya it hot out. Im leaving right now with my girl *shes got a gsxr* . Were riding jackets, boots and gloves. Long pants with padding. *she got enough in her ass* lol.

Keep it on two guys, just let it be known stunting on the streets and riding like a dick isnt cool. Puts a bad name on all of us.

·
Registered
543 Posts
im pro wheelies , but i dont do it in public areas like that where i can run it for other people. Getting on the freeway late night is where its at , or empty parking lots , other than that i dont ride like a douche ... i dont cut off any cars , i dont shoot gaps , hell i dont even lane split .

oh and btw

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
650 Posts
yup. I'm seeing a lot more riders now... and its getting kind of annoying. People are now buying bikes to "avoid the 5 dollar gas" which is just bullshit... because even with a 100 dollar low bike payment andpaying JUST for liability.. thats 160 bucks a month. thats 3 extra gas... thats 3.5 extra tanks of gas for me a month. The more bikers, unfortunately more douches and irresponsible riders. I was going from the 91 to the 15 and some guy on an r1 ON THE FREEWAY interchange went around me and around 2 other cars. Extreme darwinism at its best.

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
so ur telling me as a girl i cant sport my pink hawk anymore? *cries*

i dont stunt... just like my hawk man!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha, its not a direct to every one with the hawk...its a 'steriotype' Gidget..8) Keep rockin the hawk.

Go to OCMoto.com.....lotta cool peeps and were doin' rides once a month...80+ deep...no stunters, just a clean 40 mile run, lunch...8)All welcome, NO ****ing off on the noobie rides.....just ride on two...enjoy the bikes and views.

OCMOTO.COM

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
haha, its not a direct to every one with the hawk...its a 'steriotype' Gidget..8) Keep rockin the hawk.

Go to OCMoto.com.....lotta cool peeps and were doin' rides once a month...80+ deep...no stunters, just a clean 40 mile run, lunch...8)All welcome, NO ****ing off on the noobie rides.....just ride on two...enjoy the bikes and views.

OCMOTO.COM
thanks hun but i am already on ocmoto and have been for 5 months now.

i will hit u up for a ride when i am back in the states!:toocool:

and the hawks red... lol it matches the bike hahaha

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like to roll with people at bike night usually because i can't fine a set group of people to ride with on a regular bases. And every time some one is trying to tell me or show me how to pop the wheel up...

I keep telling them "I'd rather have one knee down the one wheel up" Keep it on the track you'll never get that feeling on the street no matter what any one says.

any one who wants to ride with a chill canyon rider and track rider feel free to Pm me ;) I'm in the 332 area.

every time theres a stunt and a camera your on youtube showing me what NOT to do so thanks for that!,

·
Love the ride of my R6!
94 Posts
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64133

Not to be a tattle tale, but you wouldnt like these guys ^^ i completely agree with you and how the dumb stunter stuff kills it for us by doing wheelies and causing havoc durring mid day traffic

I watched all there myspace vids and they are the type of people who make us look bad and have the cops watching for us. Riding in huge groups taking up the entire street/freeway while doing wheelies in the middle of the day with lots of cars around, wearing no gear...bunch of stupid crap thats gunna make the cops always be on the look out for us, and start assuming that all of us do that kinda stuff.

Thanks for putting me on blast for none of this that I do not do. I cant help or control what my friends do! I can control what I do. I dont think you really know every crew member that you put on blast and i'm not defending those that you are reffering to. I'm not here to back them up for what they do, but I know the people that are in the crew that dont do what you are putting are group on blast for! I am defending me and the others that dont do this stuff. You obviously dont know me or the other 12 that dont do this! But you have your own opinion and can say what you want. I personally ride with gear at all times! Your opinion is yours, but it may help to know others before you put a crew on blast. I know many of LA and IE crews and crews across the US that do the same stuff you reffer to, but I would not say, you would not like those crews cause what others in there crew do. Need to my 2 cents out there for the other in the crew that dont do this stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts