Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
i do beleive the purpose of the hump is to reproduce and sustain the human species. :hump :hump :hump :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but on a jacket or suit its to reduce wind turbulance going over your back.
less turbulance faster and more stable the ride

·
Registered
828 Posts
I got the AGV two piece suit. It has a mini hump. That way people don't stare to hard at it. I don't like the big humps on the jackets for street riding. Reminds me of the big seat cowls on the Hayabusa.... :throwup

·
Registered
836 Posts
My JR Speedmaster has a big hump on it.

At first it was kind of akward, but now I can barely tell it is there. I honestly can't tell the difference in airflow between the hump and no hump... but I am hardly an expert. I don't think it gave any additional protection in my get off. Of course I was wearing my Bohn back protector, in addition to the foam protector in my suit.

I couldn't comment on whether it kept my neck from snapping back, because I don't think I hit my head when I went down.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thats the thing, if you are riding in a situation where you would require the extra protection of the hump, you SHOULD have a back protector on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I think I will look for a two piece suite and not worry about the hump (well unless it is with the wife). I will look into a back protector, sounds like a good idea for track days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My new suit has a hump. Even came with some little plastic vents, we'll see if they actually help though.

I always thought that besides the obvious aero effects, it helped prevernt your neck from snapping back when you wrecked.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
erok81 said:
I always thought that besides the obvious aero effects, it helped prevernt your neck from snapping back when you wrecked.
I wouldnt count on that...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.