Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got my helemt in, an rx7 corsair and have a couple of Q's. 1) On my old helmet when raising/lowering it kind had a ratcheting feel that would hold it 1/2, 1/4 way open whatever, this is just a smooth flow open to close, is this right?
2) I am trying to figure out the shield removal; I lift up the lock tabs until it clicks, go to pull out shield, and lock tabs fall back into place and lock shield in. What's the secret here?

sorry for the stupid questions here.

chaz

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would say first off all your one lucky fella with a Arai RX-7. But yeah the Arai's visor movement is a lot smoother than some of the top of the line helmets out there.

As for you other question sorry no help here, because I have only tried on a RX-7. THe Rx-7 was to rich for my blood. I have Shoei RF1000 which isn't bad of a helmet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it pays to shop around. I picked up my helmet for $260 shipped. it's an '03 corsair. It seems like the lock tab is a little bit off, but other than that a very nice helmet.

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
Removing/installing the visor

For removing the visor, just follow the instructions in the manual that came with your helmet. As for putting the visor back on, the manual didn't help me jack shit. It's a bitch to put back in. What I do is remove the visor covers on each side, put one side of the visor, slap on the cover for that side, then put on the other side, and finally slap on the cover for that side.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I didn't get a manual with it so that is one of the problems. i went to the arai site and saw there little movie on removing the visor, but that didn't help much.

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
Removing shield

If that's the case, then if I remember correctly, don't put the shield all the way up when pushing down on the lock tabs. Lift it about 2/3 the way up, push down on the tabs, and pull the shield out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.