Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I concur. A track day will teach you a lot about riding techniques.

I also took the "racing school" course from kevin schwantz. That was also very informative, especially the video critiques.
Excellent. What do you think was your biggest take away from the "racing school" based on the video critiques. What kinds of things can you learn from a track day riding school or racing school that can help you on the street?

·
R6 gets the babes?
17 Posts
Excellent. What do you think was your biggest take away from the "racing school" based on the video critiques. What kinds of things can you learn from a track day riding school or racing school that can help you on the street?
from the video: body position. what I thought I was doing vs what I was actually doing.

applying the school to street: smoothing out my inputs, especially when braking.

great question. I'll probably be thinking about that more. I'm actually thinking of going back to a racing school program just because there's always something to learn (not to mention its a lot of fun).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
from the video: body position. what I thought I was doing vs what I was actually doing.

applying the school to street: smoothing out my inputs, especially when braking.

great question. I'll probably be thinking about that more. I'm actually thinking of going back to a racing school program just because there's always something to learn (not to mention its a lot of fun).
Video's don't lie! hahahah. Love it. Yes, think about it more and take more training! There is always more to learn (and it's fun!) wooohoooo!

So, how did altering your body position (from what you thought you were doing vs what you were actually doing?). What got better?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do mostly core, balance and stability training during the off season. Mountain biking and skiing are good to keep your vision sharp.

Q

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Nice! Just an FYI that the California Superbike School posted their 2020 schedule. We have a "racing school" called Code RACE which is a different format from our regular schools, designed for racers and those looking to get into racing. :)

I do mostly core, balance and stability training during the off season. Mountain biking and skiing are good to keep your vision sharp.
Q
Those are great off season training activities! I especially like how you say they keep your VISION sharp, not only your physical body.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts