Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I ordered a replacement carbon fiber tankside from tobefast because the tabs inside my other one broke when I was taking it off. I ordered the tank side 4/18/08 and still havent recieved it. I spoke to nick at mccoy motorsports 2 weeks ago and he said that they would be getting their carbon fiber shipment in 1 week and then ship it to me. So I called back yesterday wondering where my stuff was and Nick said that he would call their carbon fiber manufacturer and call me back. Well 4 hours went by and I decided to call him back again, he said that he cant get the people who make their carbon fiber parts on the phone.

I like tobefast.com and have bought many parts from them and I am unusually dissatisfied with the way they are handleing this. The reason I am posting this thread is to let everyone know if they plan on buying any carbon fiber from tobefast anytime soon to call them, do not order online that way you can see if they even have the part you are looking for and not be in the mess I'm in.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i ordered some and hated them. the quality sucks imo. got two seperate sets also. the only ones that look good are the yamaha ones. and i think they are $400.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
I was fixing to order the tank cover and tank sides. I guess I will see how this turns out first.

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
I absolutely hate retailers that take orders AND charge you for out-of-stock items and don't inform you. It's not that hard to set up your webpage to show stock on the order forms, etc.

I know some businesses don't actually stock anything and are a "go between" for the buyer and distributer. You place an order and they tell the warehouse to ship, etc. That method sucks!

Buyer beware is the final word. You just have to remember to call the retailer to see if they have the item in stock? If they don't stock it, is it available to ship from the warehouse? Or else you're just end up paying for something and waiting months for an item, when you can simply have ordered from somewhere else.

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
A simple swingarm slider that you paid for and have no idea when you'll get them.... You could have easily gone to the local, pay a bit more, but at least you'd have to sliders.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talked to the guys at tobefast today and they said that they talked to their carbon fiber supplier and they should be recieving my tank sides this week, we'll see

·
Banned
441 Posts
This week... huh. My buddies was supposed to have shipped last monday. Guess that was a lie... we will have to see but the first part of the order got here in like 3 days. And this has been a whole 7 days...

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
hey devin, my girl ordered the side tank for me on the 5th of this month and today was my 1 year anniversary and i didnt get a present :(

let me know man if u hear something,

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
talked to the guys at tobefast yesterday, they still dont even have them in. They claim that their carbon fiber company is screwing them around but for some reason they have everything else in carbon fiber except the tank sides

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
I want my tank sides!!!!!!!!!!!! my one year aniversary is not complete without them

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
<----------- maybe we can ask him to get it for us?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my tank side was shipped, I havent recieved it yet but I got a tracking number to my email yesterday

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
You need to be patient. McCoy Motorsports will get you the parts. When I order parts I understand that they sometimes are at the mercy of the vendor. But I have never worried about McCoy getting me the part. In my opinion, McCoy is so good I exclusively purchase all my parts from them. The are class act for getting you what you need as fast as they can.

Send a PM to SpidermanSS regarding your purchase. He will get back with you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts