Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Box Boy @ Woodcraft
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that wouldve been the title of this thread. Went for some back road riding after class today, weather was TOO good to pass up.

Went on this usual road in NH we have here, road it a few times. Took one left WAY too wide, I ended up in the drainage ditch off of the road, tried to manhandle the bike straight up and managed to get it back onto pavement right before I would've hit someone's mail box.

THE not 1 minute after I get pulled over for doing 50 in a 30. Cop asked the usual questions then asked where I was going, seeing how I still had my backpack I said school :sing, he said he appreciated I stopped, we all knew I could've lost him in the back roads and gave me a warning instead :toocool:

Lesson learned: dont goo tooooooo wide and stop for cops, that is all :YEA:popcorn:

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Or...don't ride over your head and you could have avoided all of that.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Could you enlarge that avatar for us?

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
+1
My latest one was an accidental wheelie. Never did one before and this wasn't fun. :nono
The last oh shit moment I had was was riding and in a pretty nice lean and hit one of those fcuking road tar repair strips. The back end got so loose. i had to try and stand the bike up mid turn to avoid what felt like a high side coming. Went far into the left lane barely missed the curb. I literally almost shit on myself. Then the next day my bike got wrecked.

this crap

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
The last oh shit moment I had was was riding and in a pretty nice lean and hit one of those fcuking road tar repair strips. The back end got so loose. i had to try and stand the bike up mid turn to avoid what felt like a high side coming. Went far into the left lane barely missed the curb. I literally almost shit on myself. Then the next day my bike got wrecked.

this crap
tar snakes... those things are fun when in the twisties :sing

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts

this crap
I hate those things....

·
Registered
6,070 Posts

this crap
well where i'm at, we don't have little tar strips. we have big ass rock slabs in the middle of the road. swear its about 3inches, and sometimes there long as fugg. don't know if anyone knows what i'm talking about, but its like rock placed in the middle of the road.

well i ran over a long one, probably about 3ft and my front tire was shaking tremendously. scared the bejeepers out of me.

·
Box Boy @ Woodcraft
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

this crap
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME a few weekends ago riding in Vermont.

between 1:13-1:20 i hit a long strip of tar and i could feel the tires lose grip, soo scary. dont mind the screaming antics at the end.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
This shite is horrible too. Colorado is famous for doing this shit and not posting signs. All of a sudden you are going 65 and hit this crap.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts