Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 221 Posts

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,810 Posts
We walk busa's to top speed, but they keep going way after my speed limiter has kicked in.
um your what? Who is "we"? I mean I can raise up a posse of fast boosas if you want your clocked cleaned...lol.
The bikes Im talking about can go well north of 200mph in under a mile.

BTW the R1 forum is full of non riding/wrenching faggots. :kiss:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
um your what? Who is "we"? I mean I can raise up a posse of fast boosas if you want your clocked cleaned...lol.
The bikes Im talking about can go well north of 200mph in under a mile.

BTW the R1 forum is full of non riding/wrenching faggots. :kiss:
yes indeed. not all, but a lot. especially the mods who think they own the forum.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,810 Posts
I think he has been on meds lately. he seem a lot more laid back now:secret
ha... my attitude has changed for the better lately mostly because of a job change and it was for a lil less than 1/2 of what I was previously pulling down. I no longer have to be responsible for 25+ trades people with 100 excuses why the work cant get done.
Im barely supervised and not tethered to a desk. Oh and my co-workers have an inkling of what professionalism means and take the buck instead of passing it. :wink: Oh and the vacay time... 8+ weeks a year!
Less money/work = less problems :grin:

I still think the R1 forum is scourge of the interwebs!
Me in 2005... Hey I just ran a [email protected] mph on a borrowed GSXR
R1 forum in 2017... Hey I just ran a 10.5 on my new R1. Cant wait to try out the "launch control"...lol :thumbdown

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
it's too bad the R1-Forum is in control of a few dick's. there are some pretty smart guys on there. but you say one neg thing about a vendor, trump, or a mod, you're history. It's easy to get back on there if I wanted to. all you have to do is make a user account with a cell phone. the IP address changes so they have no idea who you are.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yeah I've extricated myself from forums like that before; including this one for three years. One thing about those types, damn do they have glass jaws. They can dish it, but they can't take it. Give'em a dose of their own meds and they quickly go crying to a moderator... or an AG or lawyer in Trump's case. When it comes down to deleting posts and locking threads, there are other (better) ways to spend my time. So I do it. It never gets to the point of deleting/locking my account. One to three strikes is enough. Don't bother wasting your time there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you want to go FAST ? Try a D&D can.

It's hard to have fun at 45mph and thats the average speed 4 wheelers drive around here.

but seriously, it's because I have an r6 !

·
Scared of wheelies
5 Posts
It came up on Craigslist.

1) Super clean and well kept, good price.
2) First street bike, didn't need a 1L.
3) Weight is more manageable.

Things I've learned since:
1) I'm too tall for an R6.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Let's be real w/o sugar coating. The real reason is the $ in some way. Unless you are going for range, the R1 is better in everything unless you were a beginner like me where if you had started on a Superbike you would have died as I've learned on the R6 a few times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some interesting comments and reasons as to why the R6 over the R1. I'm following as I maybe in the market for an R6.

·
My R6 eats $$$
38 Posts
1. Sportbike Experience (lack of)
2. Insurance Rates (Louisiana full coverage)

*I was close to getting a new BMW S1000RR, but figured I should stick to the whole "crawl before you can walk" thing for my own safety. ha

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Let's be real w/o sugar coating. The real reason is the $ in some way. Unless you are going for range, the R1 is better in everything unless you were a beginner like me where if you had started on a Superbike you would have died as I've learned on the R6 a few times.
Can't speak for others, but personally, bigger is not always better. I could've bought a new Focus ST for less money but didn't want... no, hate the bulk and went with a new Fiesta ST.

Re price, paying for the same thing twice, (an R6 then an R1,) is ultimately wwaayy more money. If that's what I truly wanted, that is what I would've purchased. It's not like we're talking a Focus ST vs Focus RS where you have a 50-60% increase to the tune of $45k. (there is no Fiesta RS - unfortunately) YZF brand new or used, it's ~$5k or 2-3k (1/3) price increase to the tune of $17k.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't speak for others, but personally, bigger is not always better. I could've bought a new Focus ST for less money but didn't want... no, hate the bulk and went with a new Fiesta ST.

Re price, paying for the same thing twice, (an R6 then an R1,) is ultimately wwaayy more money. If that's what I truly wanted, that is what I would've purchased. It's not like we're talking a Focus ST vs Focus RS where you have a 50-60% increase to the tune of $45k. (there is no Fiesta RS - unfortunately) YZF brand new or used, it's ~$5k or 2-3k (1/3) price increase to the tune of $17k.

I’m not a car guy and can’t relate at all to that analogy. WTH you talking about haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 221 Posts