Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an employee at a yamaha dealer here in pa.

I get a great deal on a 2008 r6, but i really like the design and color of the 50th. Should i buy the 08 and get it painted like the 50th or should i buy a used 50th. to me the 2008 r6 is so nice and advance that it only makes sense to buy the 08.

i have a GSXR 750 now, its a 2006. great bike just yamaha makes a better, faster, nicer bike! i will keep the 750 as a spare back-up, jerk-off bike.

give me your view and why!

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
i dunno man tough decesion, i gotta 08 and i f***in love it, great bike and it looks so badd asss

·
Registered
49 Posts
that 50th aniv is badass....if u can get a an 06 in good shape go for it...if u can get an 08 just like that one that would be cool to....

·
fast like nascar
171 Posts
The 08's are sick, but personally I don't like the tail section, It seems as though Yamaha went a little radical with the sharp edges of the bike. and the raven should have black wheels, not army green or whatever.

I like the 50th anniversary paint scheme a lot but givin' your situation personally I would get an 08 raven, powder coat the wheels black, and run that for the summer, come winter time strip her and paint paint it up for next summer!!! :D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I would get the 08 and get a custom paint job.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am in the minority here. 50th would have been nice withOUT the white. It should have been what the Limited 08 Color scheme, Yellow and Black.

Sooo, the obvious answer from me is an 08, Yellow is the new HaWt.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
I love my bike, but I would go 08 also, in your case.

Is that Crissy in your avatar? Dear lord, don't give her that ammo.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i say 08 if you can get a good deal on it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
get the Anni!! I LOVE the fact that it isnt a very common bike. I see the blue and black ones at every corner. but not the Annies!!!! its def an attention getter. but if u do go for the 08, get the yellow. that one looks awesome too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
get the aniv.. or... let me know how much your dealer is asking for the 50th and i will buy another! jk.. if you want to cut it up and change a lot then get the 08..if you wanted to leave it semi stock then get the 50th

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
im thinking 08 and just painting it later. i can get the 08 for such a good deal why not
Depending on the cost difference (which probably isnt much) it would be smarter to go woth the 08. Its nice to have a bike with 0 miles! I really love the 50ths , but its probably not the smarter choice.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
....or you could be creative, use the same scheme of the 50th but change up the colors and call it a 52nd Anniversary:YEA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts