Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pull the throttle back hard in neutral to rev the bike it hesitates, its a track bike so until i go to the track I won't know for sure if its rideable or not?

When I pull the throttle open fully the butterflies in the throttle bodies are not opening fully, when I check in diagnostics closed is 16 and fully open is only 66? can I adjust the throttle cables to get the 66 figure higher?

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
you cant ride the bike on the street?? The throttle bodies are actuated by the ECU. No matter how much you try to adjust the cable. There is a test you can do to cycle them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike is track only, no MOT or insurance or street tires.

How can I cycle them with a test etc?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have just tested my throttle in drag mode again and results are off throttle 16 and WOT is 65, when throttle is closed again it is 20.

Does this mean my throttle is not opening fully when wide open?? I have recently had my bike dyno'd with a PC5??

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have just tested my throttle in drag mode again and results are off throttle 16 and WOT is 65, when throttle is closed again it is 20.

Does this mean my throttle is not opening fully when wide open?? I have recently had my bike dyno'd with a PC5??
I have exactly the same problem and mines a track bike too. Just took the TPS sensor bolts out and spun it to get them open fully and at this point I'd say the values must be down but I have a hm dash so can't see the values in diag as it only does codes in ecu errors. Judging by the erratic interference noise I'm getting when the ignitions on where the high pitched whine goes mental especially when putting it in gear (engine not started). Doing that made the throttle plates feel like they were vibrating/fluttering. Bike starts ok but like yours it revs but bogs down when riding and does it when in neutral just revving it up past half throttle so does seem as they are not opening fully. One of the r6 videos on youtube shows an r6 opening fully just turning the throttle so whilst some say the ecu controls that until I see another go half way like mine I'm not sure. Will let you know if I suss it but to me it's looking like a duff TPS sensor so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
syko37 I replied to your message but for what ever reason its not here???

Anyway Ive spent days on this bike now and its still crap!!

Cleaned fuel filter
New spark plugs
Fitted a used set of throttle bodies, injectors etc
Fitted used TPS (both) and set them up
Checked throttle body joints

Next up ill let the bike run and put flammable gas around throttle body to see if theres a leak???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts