Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I new on here just need some info I was check my tps and have no movement in the volts when trying to set up but do have the multi meter reading go up when I use the throttle but thats jumps around so I assume it k put not check the voltage side from the batter loom to the sensor ongoing problem revs not settling and goes to die if I do give it abit . Bike is 2000 on x reg r6 20 tho on clock any on got any info on this tps thanks 馃槉 馃檹

Registered
Verify that your source voltage supplying the TPS is good.

TPS readings should progress smoothly as you increase/decrease the throttle. If they don't it's bad. Parts that aren't sealed, might be cleanable. Otherwise, replace it.

IF the TPS and supply voltages are smooth/good, then need to start looking elsewhere for the cause of any issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi 5v at the sensor witch id say is correct. Just read afew post on here about adjusting the tps I have it go from 0 to 10 anyone now were it the rev niddle has to sit please any info would be great 馃憤
If it's dirty it will skip around.
Hi I getting 445ohms with the black and blue wire is that right

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi 5v at the sensor witch id say is correct. Just read afew post on here about adjusting the tps I have it go from 0 to 10 anyone now were it the rev niddle has to sit please any info would be great 馃憤

Hi I getting 445ohms with the black and blue wire is that right
Also when I connected blue and yellow to gether to do the throttle test it starts at 4.09 then when you twist slow it goes tools down to 3.60 then goes to 3.325 and goes up so I take it its broken 馃挃

Registered
Yea pretty sure your looking at a bad one. My tps just went out on my 03 this week. So movement is required and being dirty can stop that. However the voltage is the bigger issue. Mine would only change between 700 and like 753 i think they said the max is supposed to be like 5k.
I have a shop changing mine because i try and avoid doing actual mechanical jobs in winter lol

if you want i can get the exact specifics from the shop to confirm but pretty sure its bad

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I good with a spanner just need to check with the forum see if anyone has came across this mine is a 2000 plate had it about 15 years been my baby a long time (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also is haw you set them up on a 2000 model is it through the rev counter and set it on 5 rom think that's what they do on a 03 upwards

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol carbs are good this is the first time I have ever had a problem with it had her since 2007 just put stage 1 dyno kit in thoght my jets were no good but looks like its the tps senor can get new one for 190 from ccm in cannock but trying to beg or borrow one so I can test first glad I moved in to a house with a garage 馃榾

Registered
Yea mins a gen 2 when they switched over to FI because im just not gonna own another carb bike in my life lol
That's what I thought when I bought mine. Then I later noticed it doesn't have an oxygen sensor or knock sensor. So it relies on a static tune. Over the years our fuel has changed and no matter what I checked and did, still fouled the plugs. Eventually stumbled upon a means of enriching via stock ECU and not long after that, installed an AFR gauge.

They added the oxygen sensor with third generation. So its ECU will have some feedback to tweak fueling. Still may have to flash an update to deal with the cold-start issue with cold ambient temps though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love the old stuff give me set points all day long and a manual stator plate to adjust good old days i bidding on set carbs complete with tps the guy guaranteed everythings good if not money back

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Waitng on setncsrbs with sensor money back guarantee they said if they don't work and the sensor has been test but I won't now till they arrive just need.my baby running sweet again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts