Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious as to what the mileage is of everyone's track bike.
Mine is an 09 R6 with right at 20k miles. Started tracking it around 18k. So far, she still runs the same as it always has. Motor is all stock minus a few bolt-ons, oil changed every 3 track days.
Valves are in spec, should I expect any problems from the motor anytime soon? Front pack adv rider, if that matters

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
2002 r6, got it with 25000, did 5000 miles last year with 4 track days.

Over winter i spent $900 getting valves adjusted, new tires, and Ivan jet kit installed and dynoed, did ONE track day, and engine decides it wants to go crazy and now I have a rattle that I can't ride with. In process of diagnosing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2002 r6, got it with 25000, did 5000 miles last year with 4 track days.

Over winter i spent $900 getting valves adjusted, new tires, and Ivan jet kit installed and dynoed, did ONE track day, and engine decides it wants to go crazy and now I have a rattle that I can't ride with. In process of diagnosing.
I would look into getting a manual cam chain tensioner, first gens are pretty notorious for a bad cam chain rattle and when they did your valves they would have removed and reinstalled your crap automatic tensioner, this causes more issues. APE makes a good one and they are avaliable on ebay for $50

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
09R6 9k street I think & 100miles track.. I just tracked it 3 weeks ago. :laugh

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts
I had 30k on my 04 before I started doing track days. I just did a valve adjustment, throttle sync and a tune (104hp). 3 track days later still running strong :)

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I had 30k on my 04 before I started doing track days. I just did a valve adjustment, throttle sync and a tune (104hp). 3 track days later still running strong :)
The guy I bought my track bike from told me it made 130hp at the wheel after he dyno tuned it. :bowroll

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
04 r6, almost 35,000 miles on the ODO.. 10K+/- 500miles track only... just now starting to have issues with it slipping out of third gear. But I've really been beating the shit out of her the last few months.

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
~5800 on an 08, but all are track/race. what does that make it in dog years? errr, street miles :sing

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
31k km on it I think. It's a salvage bike and the PO is dead so I have no idea if the dash is original. lol. It's just a track bike and I've done about 15 track days on it. After I fixed the clutch switch (on gixxers if it's bypassed it cuts 10% hp off the top end), Stator and had the ecu reflashed for compensating for the removed secondary throttle plates and it runs awesome now. lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this makes me comfortable again, hopefully I see the same mileage out of my motor

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
04 r6, almost 35,000 miles on the ODO.. 10K+/- 500miles track only... just now starting to have issues with it slipping out of third gear. But I've really been beating the shit out of her the last few months.
No problems with anything other than that though? That's pretty impressive.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
bought my 07 with 8500 miles. Now I'm roughly at 18k been mostly doing track days a year after I bought it. I also think my ODO is prob off now since I don't run a speed healer and I couldn't give Ant an accurate percentage when he flashed my ecu. :laugh

the valve and syncing of throttle bodies. is that all DIY stuff I can do at home?

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
bought my 07 with 8500 miles. Now I'm roughly at 18k been mostly doing track days a year after I bought it. I also think my ODO is prob off now since I don't run a speed healer and I couldn't give Ant an accurate percentage when he flashed my ecu. :laugh

the valve and syncing of throttle bodies. is that all DIY stuff I can do at home?
My07 has 29k miles and i'm building it for track duty.

Valve clearance and throttle body sync is diy. get a manual or find a how to, it's not a hard job

1 - 20 of 24 Posts