Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the new track season is coming up, I want to finally convert my bike to a full track bike. That means I need to find a good set of track fairings for my 03 R6. I don't want to spend a lot, maybe around 300ish for a full set. I am thinking of getting Hotbodies track fairings for I can get them at around 300-400 dollars new. What do you guys/gals think? From those who are experienced, what should I be looking for in good fairings? Any other brands that are good ?

thanks

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i recently bought some E-fairings new for 350.00 but i havent gotten them in yet.
there pretty nice.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
E-racings warehouse is located in el monte california. If you pick them up, they're 325. Just go to e-racings.com to look up the phone number and let them know you're coming.

·
Will work for tires.
169 Posts
E racing isn't bad but doesn't crash well. Hotbodies seems to be hit or miss with the fitment but is a lot more flexible. I have sharkskinz and they are the best for finish and durability but quite a bit more pricey. I'd go with the hotbodies if you can get it for that price.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Where are you lookin to buy Hotbodies and what price. If they are $350 or less, I guess I would go with them. I have e-racings on my 05. They fit pretty easily, but they are the only fairings I've ever fitted or paid attention to fittment on.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. sounds like shark skinz are the best then hotbodies and thirdly e racing fairings. i'm able to get the hotbodies at 350ish because i can get it discounted at cycle gear.

i know sometimes the more you pay the better the product that you get. i'm just looking for something that is reliable and not too complicated to put on. therefore i am willing to pay a little more for reliability. it doesn't have to look perfect or anything. it's just that i've heard of people getting fairings for cheap and then complain about how horrible the fitting is or how it breaks/cracks easily. although it is relative on how difficult something is to put on and etc. i'm a fairly handy guy, i don't mind doing a little work to make the fairings fit properly for i've done some work on my bike and am very patient. but it sounds like hot bodies is within the range of being affordable and reliable. ill check out shark skins and see how much more they are and whether they are much better for the price.

thanks for the responses, i'm open to any further suggestions too.

will keep yall posted.

·
Registered
695 Posts
hotbodies and e racing are sorry to say this but FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from the best and really dont compare to sharkskinz. your gonna have to decide whats more important....fitment and qualtiy or cost. you can get Tromex for around 400 and alot of ppl on R6MN like them. best bet would to be shop around for used ones. i bought my Armour Bodies which you can actually compare to Shrakskinz and cost 1k brand new for only 400 shipped on wera boards. try looking on craigslist and in the classifieds. but like i said you need to really decide whats more important to you.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool, if i could like get much better ones for an additional 100 or so than what i was gonna spend for hotbodies then definitely i'll go for them. i'll look around for good used ones, but i'm hoping to get new ones. thanks for throwing out other brands. i'm gonna do some research which will help me make a good decision.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hotbodies anything is shit.

E-racings isn't great, but the price is good. They won't hold up too well in a crash from what I've seen.

If you want longevity, you've gotta pay for it.

Look at sharkskinz, catalyst, attack, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts