Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI,

I recently bought a used Armour body fairing for my 07 r6 [link] . I have question regarding the fairing, whether it will fit my stock exhaust headers or should i change it. Pls let me know :)
is there any instruction write up for changing street fairing to track one that will be bigger help. :) thanks.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Is there any write up what all should be remove Some one has done any instruction write up for that ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Please follow these instructions -

1. Remove stock bodywork, headlights and tail light
2. Install track bodywork

:lmao

Doood....i should be in town next weekend, so if you can wait, I can help. If not, ask Raj (sportbiker) if he can help ;)

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,810 Posts
Any recommendations on a brand/type of heat tape?
in a pinch lowes & hD have some R30 foil insulation you can buy for cheap. Just put a layer of tin foil on the muffler side & that insulation. It will keep the heat away from the body.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks folk for all the replies , It fits with my stock Header soon will upload the pics. There were some place it was close and two bolts on the header was touching the fairing used Thermo-Tec 13575 12" X 24" . First track days is april 5 and 6th will keep you guys posted how the thermo tec worked

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Thanks folk for all the replies , It fits with my stock Header soon will upload the pics. There were some place it was close and two bolts on the header was touching the fairing used Thermo-Tec 13575 12" X 24" . First track days is april 5 and 6th will keep you guys posted how the thermo tec worked
any leftover heat tape? I'll take it....:sing

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not really. I just looked at my Amazon Wishlist and I have a link to the Thermo-Tec stuff...

Some of it can be thinner and people tend to prefer the stuff with a bit more thickness. Then again, the stuff on the stock fairings is super thin and almost like aluminum tape...

Thermo-Tec stuff worked well riding it for 7 track days my lower fairing looks fine :toocool::toocool:

·
Reads the rulez
2,246 Posts
Same stuff I use. Works great. I lined the edges with high temp RTV before applying the heat shielding to ensure the edges won't want to peel up over time. The backing was sticky, but I wanted something a little stronger than just the adhesive that came with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts