Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first track day at BlackHawk Farms last Wednesday. Saw a few other R6's out there, don't know if it was anyone form the board. I didn't take any pictures but one of the guys there was taking pics all day because he had his arm in a sling. This is the best one I've found of me so far.

I had a blast and really learned a lot. I'll get back there again but it looks like August right now. Bike worked great except for some brake fade, I need some higher temp fluid and to upgrade to stainless lines.

·
Lets go fishing4twisties
209 Posts
Nice Pic Brad,
Track days are the shitzzz, people don't realise what there missing out on and what there bikes are really capable of.
You look like your into the groove, considering its your first track day, Well Done!!!

Peace.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really got in the zone after the first session where I learned the track. I will be back for more, track days are such a great learning experiance.

A few more pics

I think the control riders were having fun following me in the novice class

One of the biggest things I learned was to get my body positioned properly, that helped a lot to keep my CG down.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
Looks like your trying to smile for the camera:hehe

·
Registered
96 Posts
BHF kicks ass. how were the new bathrooms? i think we're gonna make it out for the CCS race coming up. you going?

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BHF kicks ass. how were the new bathrooms? i think we're gonna make it out for the CCS race coming up. you going?
Well I thought they were very nice, I had never seen the old ones. The guy pitting next to me had been there a lot before and said it was a huge improvement. Automatic flush on the urinals, nice sinks, they did a good job on them. THey said the new tech inspection area would open soon as well.

When is the CCS race? That would be fun to watch. I am trying to figure out my next track day as well, but it is a busy summer.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
lookin good! i live in chicago and def wanna make it up there for the next date. did u do the nesba first track day program for half price? how'd that work exactly?

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't do the Nesba deal, but it looks like a good one. BlackHawk Farms also runs there own track days, they are $165 for the BlackHawk Farms days, they have one a month and it includes lunch.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
nice pics, looks like you had a good time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hahaha, missed out on the coin op. showers that wouldnt produce warm water and would shock you when you put in more quarters. poor you.:eek5 the urinals used to be piss troughs. not a good situation. im pretty sure we'll be there on may 10th/11th for ccs. (not our thing this year but dunlop wants us to go) if your there, ill be crew chief for #911 in the garage area (gixxer 1000) come say hi and have a beer or ten when the races are over:nocontrol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts