Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track day tomorrow will be by far the hottest if been to. Supposed to be 95ish both days got some gatorade water fruit and some protein bars and such anything else I should go for? Don't wanna over do it but it will be 20* hotter than any day ive spent at the track.

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts
Track day tomorrow will be by far the hottest if been to. Supposed to be 95ish both days got some gatorade water fruit and some protein bars and such anything else I should go for? Don't wanna over do it but it will be 20* hotter than any day ive spent at the track.
That's not to bad, it could be a lot worse.
Just remeber to keep hydrated. Drink both water and Gatorade between every session and don't forget the easy up

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
You should start hydrating 3 days in advance so the body can retain the fluids. The day of trackday will not help much, if at all.

Banana to help keep potassium up, pedialyte instead of sugarade...i mean gatorade. 4 bottles of water to one bottle of electrolyte. Atleast 1.5 bottles (500ml/bottle) every hour is what I do.

Coconut water also has potassium to help with sweating loss of salts.

95F is not that bad at all :laugh I'd take that over the 112F days we have sometimes in Buttonwillow and 110F at Thunderhill (CA tracks)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to road Atlanta a few years back and had some mechanical issues didn't see the track. It was 105 I told myself I'd never I do it again in July or early August for that reason haha

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
as Doc-ram stated above.. start hydrating WAY before the event. Drinking water or whatever on the way to the track won't cut it on these days. You need to start at LEAST a day ahead. Then during the day, 1 bottle of water an hour minimum.. if you realize you haven't pissed for a few hours, and when you do it's dark, you are already dehydrated to some degree. A guy pitted next to me at Roebling Road spend 5 hours in the ambulance getting 2 liters of saline infused via IV. He literally face planted next to his bike... and i FREAKIN TOLD HIM hours earlier he looked like shit and had better get some water "i drank a bottle on the way here" he said.
And and EZUP, get one, or borrow one. DO NOT sit in the sun unshaded.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
You should start hydrating 3 days in advance so the body can retain the fluids. The day of trackday will not help much, if at all.

Banana to help keep potassium up, pedialyte instead of sugarade...i mean gatorade. 4 bottles of water to one bottle of electrolyte. Atleast 1.5 bottles (500ml/bottle) every hour is what I do.

Coconut water also has potassium to help with sweating loss of salts.

95F is not that bad at all :laugh I'd take that over the 112F days we have sometimes in Buttonwillow and 110F at Thunderhill (CA tracks)
Yep. 3 days would be ideal. Pissing clear all the time.
Sugarade is NOT ideal. Maybe one bottle spread out the entire day. They got rid of the HFCS, which is good but sucrose or sugar is actually a good osmotic diuretic. Too much and you will get the opposite intended effect.
I use the Pedialyte packets. Max of 2 a day and with nearly twice the water (32oz instead of the suggested 20). Coconut water is awesome too. Plain water is best though.
Stay away from anything high protein during the day. It takes a lot of work for your body to process it. Work= heat. Watery fruits are good- pineapple, oranges, watermelon, kiwi. Man I love kiwi. Veggies are good too. The carbs will provide enough energy but your body can convert them 50% easier compared to protein.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts