Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my last track with Trackdaz on the 29th of june. It was 100+ degrees at Streets of Willow. This was the first time I've ever scraped my knees on the track, so I was stoked when that happened. Every trackday I am learning more and more the limits of my bike. Also, I paid a guy to set my suspension through the entire day and it made lots of improvements. I was able to point the bike where ever I wanted with confidence. Unbelievable day it was and I can't wait till my next track day. Let me know if any of you guys planning on going to streets of willow or willow springs. We should get a group of us out there!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
OMFG That looks like so much fun d00d! :nocontrol

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
looks like good times.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
congrats on the knee drag, sweet pics, and you've got a nice looking track bike.

100+ is crazy heat to deal with all day on the track, but still well worth it. i can't wait to get back on the track.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
congrats on the knee drag, sweet pics, and you've got a nice looking track bike.

100+ is crazy heat to deal with all day on the track, but still well worth it. i can't wait to get back on the track.
I wish I could just get just ONE track day :( I can't find anything in Virginia :(:(:(

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
I wish I could just get just ONE track day :( I can't find anything in Virginia :(:(:(

what aboust VIR (VIRginia International Raceway) NESBA is hosting a track day there today, and team pro-motion will be there on 7-31-08.
http://www.virclub.com/

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Thanks for the link bro-ham :nocontrol

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Damn, so the only days I can get on the track myself are open practice days? :( There's only like...1 a month if any...:(

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Damn, so the only days I can get on the track myself are open practice days? :( There's only like...1 a month if any...:(
your better off with "Club Events" like nesba or team pro motion between those two there are 6 days at this track this month (there could be others).

i'm not sure if just anyone can go out to open pratice, you might need a race license. if you have never done it before you wnat the track training / instruction anyway, it will help you a lot!!! if you go with nesba or tpm they require you to be in the training for your first event with them. basicly you will still get to ride just as much. its just between sesions you will be in class room type training, instead of hanging out and bs-ing with the other riders. it helps a lot.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
nice pics.looks like you had a fun track day.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool pics. So what speeds did you hit on that track?

I don't even know exactly, because they have you tape up your speedometer so that you just focus on the track and not your speed. There are two fast straights, but the track has mostly tight turns. It is a good technical track to start on.

thanks man. yea, I was really stoked when i felt that asphalt scraping on my pucks. haha it's amazing how having someone dial your suspension for you really makes the bike run so much better. it builds a lot more confidence.

yep, it took me two track sessions to get acclimated to the weather and to riding a bike that fast; it's been too long since i've been at the track. i hope to get back on soon in another month. where's my dam stimulus check?!?!?!?!

nice pics.looks like you had a fun track day.

the best time ever!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts