Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been kicking around the idea of selling my street fairings. Figured I could zip tie the tailight to the undertail, and tape the flush mount turnsignals to the side. Not sure what to do about headlights, never ride at night, but I think there's laws against not running headlights on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
this is what i did when i rode on the street....You really don't need a ziptie for the taillight. I think you have the same kind of fairings i do. You just kind of shove it in there. Its a perfect fit. I don't think you need turn signals, and I never had a head light either as I didn't ride at night. not a bad idea

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're running the "AGG" fairings? Did you cut a slot for the kickstand, mine hits the side fairing.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
you can shove a tail light up in the tail. that's what i'm doing tomorrow. but i don't have a spot for a kickstand - i just lean mine on a fence or tree. i've got class. :laugh

but i WILL be adding a mirror for tomorrow.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
u whoolie it up there Agg??

My buddy runs a universal tail light thats like a kawi tail light with integrated turn light. As for making it street legal, u can run a set of fog lamps as your head lights, yes you do need a light on there to make it street legal, but not sure if popo will pull u over just for that.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
u whoolie it up there Agg??

My buddy runs a universal tail light thats like a kawi tail light with integrated turn light. As for making it street legal, u can run a set of fog lamps as your head lights, yes you do need a light on there to make it street legal, but not sure if popo will pull u over just for that.
that's what i worried about but i went on numerous street rides and passed tons of cops. never once had a problem. It would be a small ticket if you got in trouble. up to you colin if you want to take the chance.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I made race fairings perminent on my bike.
a dremel cuts through fiberglass like a hot knife through butter.

looks stock doesn't it?

and the best part is, the bike is totally naked in just 2 min.

the other cool thing is, I make my own farings too.

if anyone wants a set I'll make you some for $200+ shipping. for the set. upper and lower. front wheel fender $40.

I also paint them. if you need painting I'll paint a set for $300.(a full set, includes tail, hugger, and front fender)

here is a set I built and painted for a friend,

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I guess the question is what constitutes a head light. I could slap a flash light on top of the fender and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i know here in tx even a squeeze "toy" horn will pass inspection. that's what the chopper dudes use. so if it's a semi-permanent light attached to the bike, i would think it would pass as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts