Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tracks are there in the north east, I live in delaware, and I'm willing to travel some but not to far. The only track I know of is new jersey motorsports park.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Summit Point Raceway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Carolina Motorsports Park, Virginia Intl. Raceway, Beaver Run Raceway

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Summit Point Raceway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Carolina Motorsports Park, Virginia Intl. Raceway, Beaver Run Raceway
Thanks, looks like its going to be nj motorsports park. 1hr 30min ride. Maybe summit point raceway sometimes 3hr drive, others are out 6 hrs plus drive.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Thanks, looks like its going to be nj motorsports park. 1hr 30min ride. Maybe summit point raceway sometimes 3hr drive, others are out 6 hrs plus drive.
NJMP is a great track, I do a lot of days there. Summit is meh.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Summit isn't that bad. Their Shenandoah course is a lot of fun.
I love Shenandoah circuit. Hey Hchen I think I remember seeing u the last time at shenny circuit. I hope it wasn't u but did u lowside on the second to last turn before the straight?

·
Yuppie Goldberg
189 Posts
Like Roger Lyle says it gets alot of bad rap from people that have never ridden it before
Roger Lyle, strapping my bike to tow truck like a champ.

Just that I've never been on that circuit. It looks like fun, but it doesn't look safe.
Yeah it has a lot of barriers around the straights but around the corners, the speed is pretty low so you wouldn't have to worry too much about them. KingEdward actually witnessed me go down on one of the fastest part of the track and I came out relatively ok.

Give it a shot next year :YEA

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I don't name u not thinking it's safe bro. Before the track had cement barricades all around it. But they've fixed that. The turns have those cushioned mats with tires behind them. The only spots you'll find concrete barriers are on he straights. Plus with all those turns ur speeds never really get that high except on the straights

·
Registered
391 Posts
Shenandoah is a fun track. However, the track is too small for Nesba, Wera, Ccs. They would have to redo the track safety barricade and run off to be given a thumbs up. Thunderbolt is also another fun track but needs more technical turns.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Really good track, would be better if they would get the asphalt problem fixed since they never really fix the problem they just keep putting on band aids.
I did Main (not shen) after the "repave", I didn't think it was that bad, no NJMP though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts