Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to make one, but I thought maybe the track junkies and racers might already have something they can share.

Basically I want a way to track all the pertinent info from a track day to track my progress. Lap times, suspension settings, tire pressure, tire choice, maybe body weight? Anybody already put together something like that?

I know Dave Moss has a suspension sheet available on his site, but I want to put together something a little more comprehensive.

edit: Attached my final version. The zip contains the actual Excel file, in case anyone wants to do some crazy stuff like graph their lap times across several track days.

Attachments

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Http://www.feelthetrack.com/downloads/trackdaysheet.pdf

Yea its the Dave Moss one but it has all that info you asked for...

tire pressure, track, suspension settings, gearing, ride height, and lap times

You can always make something better and upload for us. :)
Yeah, that's the Dave Moss sheet I was talking about. I didn't remember the lap time field - but I was thinking something that was organized by session, that let you put in all your lap times, and your suspension settings for every session.

I'll have to see what I can put together.

·
BAUCE Racing Co-Founder
550 Posts
That would be sick and super helpful! Good lookin out! It's like a snipers "dope book" only for track stuff. I fully support this.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a first draft. I'm gonna try to lay out the sessions horizontally, rather than vertically so it's easier to write notes. I'd also really like room for 10-12 lap times, but I'm not so sure there's any way to fit it all on one sheet.

Once I've settled on something I like I'll post up the actual Excel file, or post it on Google docs or make a PDF or something.

All feedback is welcome.

Attachments

·
My R6 eats my money.
388 Posts
Ditto on the session columns...nice man.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Round 2 - now with enough room for a whole session's worth of laps. At least at my snail's pace. Does anyone ride somewhere that they get in more than dozen laps per session?

I like the horizontal layout better I think.

Attachments

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Round 2 - now with enough room for a whole session's worth of laps. At least at my snail's pace. Does anyone ride somewhere that they get in more than dozen laps per session?

I like the horizontal layout better I think.

No more than 12 laps that count. Lol

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added my final version in a couple of different formats to the original post. If anybody make some cool improvements to the spreadsheet, post up here and share.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
I will see what I can do with the sheet bro. The formatting is all messed up for the laptimes. I will see what I can do about setting it up to allow the format to be entered in laptimes like: 1:35.6. If you type that in now, and you look at the value in the cell once you select it, it says like 12:01:41 AM. We gotta change the format to a custom one probably and then we can use equations to total them all and get average lap times, max, minimum, splits, etc.

I'll try and do a lil work on it today. I'll try and past the whole thing into a second tab on the worksheet. :cheers

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will see what I can do with the sheet bro. The formatting is all messed up for the laptimes. I will see what I can do about setting it up to allow the format to be entered in laptimes like: 1:35.6. If you type that in now, and you look at the value in the cell once you select it, it says like 12:01:41 AM. We gotta change the format to a custom one probably and then we can use equations to total them all and get average lap times, max, minimum, splits, etc.

I'll try and do a lil work on it today. I'll try and past the whole thing into a second tab on the worksheet. :cheers
Cool, thanks man. I didn't mess with the data formats at all, my goal was basically just to get something I could print out and bring along to the track with me.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Cool, thanks man. I didn't mess with the data formats at all, my goal was basically just to get something I could print out and bring along to the track with me.
:werd

I understand now. I'll tailor it to my needs and post it when done. I appreciate the massive amount of trouble you probably went thru to make it so nice!

·
Theturtle7023
1,102 Posts
The trackmaster app for android logs each session, and has bike setup options for each lap. For example, under suspension you have fork oil weight, rear shock oil weight, fork height, rider sag, static sag, front shocks, rear shocks, front springs, rear springs, spring rate, compression, rebound, preload, ride height, and an open notes section. It also syncs up to the website so it is all available to print out if you want. Its $6.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump!

i was knew i stumbled across this thread almost a year ago. :lmao

i'm prob gonna use this when i get a laptimer. might try Dave Moss's sheet out.

but what does the HC mean?

good stuff here. :fact
You mean HS Comp? High Speed Compression. Usually only have it on the rear, and only on nicer aftermarket (aka 'triple clicker') or late model stock shocks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts