Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats goin on!? Well, I found out yesterday that I'm getting 6 points on my license here soon, and I'm probably going to lose it for awhile.. Anyway, my question is do you need to show proof of drivers license when you go to a track day!? I'm assuming that you do, but not sure since its a closed place to ride.

-m0nkey

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
nope...sign a waver at the track and with the sponsors and thats bout it

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know the saying "bad things happen in 3's"? Well, I at least got 2 out of 3 happen within a week..

The first thing was bull shit in my eyes, not theirs though I guess.. I was riding along, kinda lookin around more than I should have because I almost hit this guy in front of me because of not paying attention. This part I know I was wrong. I avioded him by going to the right, and breaking as hard as I could without doing a stoppie. I let out the break after I was halfway by him, so I would of hit him if I had not went around. I continued to go like normal. He followed me until I got downtown. I guess he called the police, told them that I was carelessly driving, peeling out at stop lights, following too closely, and doing crazy speeds (75+ in a 45). I dont recall my exact speeds on that day, but it was not more than 10 over the speed limit. I never speed through town because there are way too many cops around, and if I would of gotten a ticket for any reason, I would lose my license for a year. I sometimes get on it hard until the speed limit, but I wouldnt call it "carelessly driving".

The cop told me that he said I passed him on the right, like you would on the left in a passing zone. Complete bull shit. I told the cop my side, and she was like whatever here is your ticket for careless driving. 3 points.

Then, a week later, as I'm going to pay this ticket I just explained.. I get pulled over again. This cop was following me a few cars back (I never saw him, I look behind quite often to make sure no cops are around before I get on it) Right before I turned onto this road, I stood up on my pegs to adjust myself. 5 seconds maybe with no hands. Anyway, I punched it when turned at this light, and the next thing I know as I slowed down because of traffic, a cop is behind me with his lights on. This guy was cool, (as he could be) we talked, I tried to talk my way out of it but he came back with a careless driving ticket. He said that he should of given me a wreakless driving ticket instead (which is automatic suspension and more $$) so I just took it and left.

So yeah, I wont be legal for awhile.. :(

-m0nkey

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, not to mention the first cop that I was talking about.. She took pictures of my helmet, jacket and bike. Every angle she could to keep on file or whatever.. wtf is that..

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
Ask that question to the 13-year-old kid on the 125 who whops your a$$ at the track! :D

I hope to see PJ out at our next race weekend on Jul26. This kid hauls like nobodies business.

http://www.pj99.com/

-D

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
The kid pitting to the south of me at my last track day didn't have a license and pretty much had no time on a street bike. He had raced a lot of moto-x and wanted to get into road racing. He was doing amazingly well for pretty much no previous time on pavement.

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
woow ride safe bro. Go to court plea unsafe operations of vehicle to the prosecutor, it will be a no point fine, but more $$. And it takes 12pts to lose your license i thought

·
Registered
22 Posts
woow ride safe bro. Go to court plea unsafe operations of vehicle to the prosecutor, it will be a no point fine, but more $$. And it takes 12pts to lose your license i thought
I think they can take your license for getting 2 tickets of careless or reckless driving within a short amount of time, at least in Nevada they can for minors I dunno about adults.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Were you wearing gear (More than just a helmet) when you were pulled over? That has a big impact on police believe it or not...it shows responsibility.

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Ask that question to the 13-year-old kid on the 125 who whops your a$$ at the track! :D

I hope to see PJ out at our next race weekend on Jul26. This kid hauls like nobodies business.

http://www.pj99.com/

-D
We had someone like that when Fyrefytr and I went to the track. That kid was on a 125 and was about 14 and he was smoking everyone in the A group!:flex:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I already went to court to try and change these tickets to no points. They didnt want to change them. As for my points, I was going to have 3 points taken off of my license on Aug. 3. I tried to get them to post pone submitting anything on these tickets until then, and they wouldnt do that either. I would have kept my license if that would of happened. :(

Were you wearing gear (More than just a helmet) when you were pulled over? That has a big impact on police believe it or not...it shows responsibility.
Yes I did. Helmet, jacket, and gloves. She got her camera out and started taking pictures of my stuff. I guess to show all the other cops. To keep an eye out for me or something. Well, I dont know for sure, but thats what I'm thinking.. :BS

-m0nkey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts