Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2 > 4
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently acquired a Leo Vince Full SBK SS system on here from a fellow forum member for my 2007 R6. I noticed that the front header bend is a bit low up front. In doing a bit of research, it appears the SBK system can be close, or contact certain track plastics.

In the research I have been able to do, I have the following information. I will update this as more infromation becomes available.

Works with:
Optimal Racing Thread
Armour Bodies Thread Post #3 (but is close. They might touch a bit, but heat wrapping seems to hold up. This could be on a case by case basis...)
Sharkskinz Post #2

Does Not Work With:
Catalyst Composites Thread
Factory Bodyworks Post #10

Brands Yet Unknown:
Attack
Hotbodies
Pit-Eck
Formula 1 Composites
Others...

Anyone that has information on this, please let me know. It would be nice to know what my options are.

For Reference, here are pictures of the Leo Vince SBK EVO System on my bike faired and unfaired.

·
m3lover2
10,522 Posts
I wrapped my header with heat wrap because it touches the armour bodies. It gets hot.. and I don't want to cut holes in the belly pan.. might have to switch exhausts.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I have seen folks make a "sump" in the area thats cut out on that race body to make ample room for the headers. It aint the prettiest but still keeps it legal for fluid containment.

·
2 > 4
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Akrapovic....

Mine fit.
I agree with you bluerebel that the Akrapovic should fit no problem... That being said, I never as much as heard about this fitment issue until now. Had I known before this would have went in the 'cons' bucket for the Leo. However:

1. I already have the exhaust. I would rather not turn buying bodywork into a ridiculously expensive adventure of also finding another exhaust (not that reselling this one would be tough or anything)
  2. I like the Leo Exhaust. It sounds perfect. Not too loud, but deeper. It also makes the bike feel great.
  3. I am buying new bodywork, so as long as I pick a brand with a (slightly) deeper belly pan, it should be fine
  4. The Leo and Akra have similar numbers on a dyno. The biggest different (imho) was that the Leo's can was mostly protected by the rearset. The Akra sits up and out a bit and I didn't want to have to fear rashing the can on the first lowside to the right it sees... Had I known about this con (possible fitment issues) I would have swung towards the Akra, but the whole can getting trashed thing is a pretty big negative...
Funny enough Leo's TI system works fine. This is the Leo Vince SS SBK though unfortunately. Much cheaper though, so if I have to hunt and peck a little, or god forbid, manufacture a bulge right there to stay fluid containment legal, so be it.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Now you have me wondering if I will have the same issue with my graves exhuast. I have some super-shitty no-name track bodywork right now and plan on picking up a better set over the winter. I'm in the same boat, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a headache.

·
2 > 4
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now you have me wondering if I will have the same issue with my graves exhaust. I have some super-shitty no-name track bodywork right now and plan on picking up a better set over the winter. I'm in the same boat, I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a headache.
I don't know that I would get too concerned just yet. I think I may have an older SBK System. The stock photos for the new EVO II Leo system look good.

The issue is this. The header brings the four pipes to more of a square than a V.

Only the 2&3 pipes are issues as they go just a smidge too low... The pipes just barely are exposed from the street bodywork. It seems though quite a few manufacturers still fit with this system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Leo Vince has fixed this with a revised header design, sounds like you bought used or got an older one. I have the sbk exhaust with optimal bodywork on a 09 and it fits good, pipes were about 3/4 inch away so i put some reflective heat shield on the bodywork for like 20 bucks.

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
Leo Vince has fixed this with a revised header design, sounds like you bought used or got an older one. I have the sbk exhaust with optimal bodywork on a 09 and it fits good, pipes were about 3/4 inch away so i put some reflective heat shield on the bodywork for like 20 bucks.
+1

THey used the race header from last years race/corsa system for it with the new silencer. Fits every bodywork.

I had to sell mine. Modifying the bodywork can DQ you for SS class racing if they are anal at tech if you win or finish top 3.

Sick sales right now on the new systems tho!! :YEA :burnout Grabbed an extra Ti Corsa as a spare for the race team the price was so hot!!!! :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
+1

THey used the race header from last years race/corsa system for it with the new silencer. Fits every bodywork.

I had to sell mine. Modifying the bodywork can DQ you for SS class racing if they are anal at tech if you win or finish top 3.

Sick sales right now on the new systems tho!! :YEA :burnout Grabbed an extra Ti Corsa as a spare for the race team the price was so hot!!!! :D
Hey Ant you wanna pm me a price on that ti corsa setup?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts